Print Page | Close Window

Texturizer for fine hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10042
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 5:28pm

Topic: Texturizer for fine hair?
Posted By: Solo35
Subject: Texturizer for fine hair?
Date Posted: June 06 2001 at 7:12pm
Does anyone know of a good product that I can use on my fine, mid-chin legnth hair that would give me some seperation and texture? (a la Meg Ryan) I have tried Sheer Blonde Funky Chunky, didn`t work, I have also tried Kiehls silk groom creme (makes it look oily and weighs it down) I am in the process of growing out my hair and stuck in a boring rut, any help would be appreciated.

Lisa

Replies:
Posted By: Hair Fanatic
Date Posted: June 08 2001 at 12:51pm
The Sheer Blonde line is absolutely wonderful! I love it. Instead "Funky Chunky," try using the "Spun Gold Shaping and Highlighting Balm." It`s in the flat, round container. It works great. I use it to separate my bangs and give my face framing layers some texture. Also, it gives the hairs you apply it to a shiny, golden look. On the back of the container, it says "In minutes, add shape, shine, and glamour to any style. Instantly gives hair a modern finish and a sparkling, sun-kissed shimmer." Try it! It sounds exactly like what you`re looking for.

-------------
Lisa :-)

Posted By: Solo35
Date Posted: June 09 2001 at 5:14pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP337399111&id=80&page=1#16.82.1 - 16.82.1
Thanks, Lisa, I believe I will try it out.

Lisa

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: June 19 2001 at 8:31am
I tried it and had a horrible experience. It took five washings with DISHWASHING detergent to get it out of my hair (even clarifying shampoo wouldn`t work). Be really, really careful if you have fine hair! Pommades and waxes just won`t work. The hair is too light weight and will just get weighed down and greasy. You are better served using a light hairspray or some very light gel to get the same result.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal