Print Page | Close Window

please recommend a good straightening product

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10064
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 2:31pm

Topic: please recommend a good straightening product
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: please recommend a good straightening product
Date Posted: July 21 2001 at 5:13pm
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good inexpensive straightening balm or ironing gel product I can use to straighten my wavy/frizzy hair and leave it feeling soft?

Replies:
Posted By: june25
Date Posted: August 19 2001 at 4:12pm
Frizz-Ease 5 Minute Manager Blow-Dry Lotion is a really good product. Your hair feels really soft and blown-out and it`ll stay that way for a few days if you use just a little. If you douse your head in it, it`ll feel weighed down and gross, so be careful.

-------------

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: February 10 2002 at 6:22pm
I`ve tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING available on the legal market for straightening hair that comes in a container. I used to love a gel Salon Selectives made, but they stopped making it, of course. LA Looks makes a Slick Gel that smoothes and straightens my wavy hair. I actually like it better than their Flattery lotion which is made specifically for straightening (it left my hair coarser and with more tangles than the slick stuff.) Another good product is Straighten Out of Pro-Vitamin Special Effects. It`s pink and will REALLY straighten your hair, so don`t use a lot. Also, it comes in various sizes/containers but I recommend the one in the big 6-oz plastic bottle. It`s strange, but it`s actually a different product than the small 6-oz. It looks the same but the ingredients are different, and the small bottle stuff greased my hair up something gross.

Both products I mentioned cost about $3 and I`ve found the LA Looks gel at Target, Walmart, etc. The 16-oz bottle of Straighten Out is more difficult to locate--Rite Aid drugstores are the only retailer I`ve found locally.

There are a variety of salon products that work really well too but I mentioned the ones I use because they`re economical and work for me. Of course all hair is different and your results may differ, but good luck all the same ! :)

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft