Print Page | Close Window

strengthening weak hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10076
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 6:27pm

Topic: strengthening weak hair
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: strengthening weak hair
Date Posted: September 27 2001 at 9:08pm
any recommended products for severely weakened hair? i am looking for something to strengthen and prevent breakage...

Replies:
Posted By: Merlin
Date Posted: October 09 2001 at 12:55pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP337399111&id=180&page=1#16.180.1 - 16.180.1
Hair must be maintained with moisture, protein and oil. This combination of conditioners ensures proper strength, elasticity and sheen. In some cases of breakage it is necessary to correct the problem with:
1. A protein conditioner, which will strengthen weak hair. 2. If the problem is caused by dry brittle hair, it is necessary to replenish the hair with extreme moisture and seal it with a hot oil treatment. If you treat dry hair with protein, it could actually cause more severe breakage since protein is designed to tighten the hair strand. Dry hair already lacks elasticity and does not need to be tightened more. Moisture on the other hand is designed to add elasticity to the hair strand, so it will stretch and return to its natural position when it is combed or brushed. Oil coats and seals adding a high gloss to hair. It is generally not recommended to apply protein but once within a six-week period. There are a number of products on the market that help strengthen the hair (including vitamins). What products are you using now? A good home remedy to add shine and strengthen your hair is honey and olive oil - ½ cup honey + ¼ cup olive oil. Work into the hair with your fingertips. Cover with a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes. Remove the cap and shampoo and rinse (may take more than one shampoo). Good luck!!

-------------
Merlin

Posted By: Waggy
Date Posted: November 07 2001 at 9:46pm
Do you like Redkens Anti Snap for regular use???...gabi

-------------
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags

Posted By: Budokan
Date Posted: November 17 2001 at 1:14pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP337399111&id=180&page=1#16.192.1 - 16.192.1
I like Redken Anti Snap very much and highly recommend it for people with dry or damaged hair. I have a client that had straightened her hair and the result was very dry hair that tangled easily. After two weeks of using Anti Snap after every shampoo, the results were amazing. A little goes a long way (just a spray or two) so regular use should not be a problem for you. Some products I have used in the past make the hair look like it hasn`t been washed in two weeks. This is an excellent product that does what it says it will do.

-------------

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: February 10 2002 at 5:52pm
Hello! Merlin has some great advice--all true. I swear by Biotera Reconstructor, a Biolage knock-off that adds moisture and shine. However, just because it works for me doesn`t mean you`ll get the same results. Honestly, not all products deliver what they promise, so you should go by the ingredient list. I found this glossary of haircare products online at the link below:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4266/gloss.html - http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4266/gloss.html

I printed off a copy and I actually carry it with me when haircare shopping. It`s a little corny but it`s a great resource when reading all those complex words on the bottle. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Print Page | Close Window