Print Page | Close Window

Anyone Tried L`oreal Open?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10082
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 12:59am

Topic: Anyone Tried L`oreal Open?
Posted By: Suzie J
Subject: Anyone Tried L`oreal Open?
Date Posted: November 19 2001 at 9:50pm
Hello All. I`ve seen the ads for L`Oreal`s new hair colour Open, and I was curious if anyone had tried it? The shades look great.

I`m currently using Castings, but the Open shades look more vibrant. I don`t want to damage my hair, I`ve been growing it for some time.

They`re calling Open "soft permanent" as opposed to Castings "demi-permanent", but from the descriptions of the products, they seem similiar...

Anyone have an opinion???

Thanks.

-------------
~Sue~

Replies:
Posted By: Merlin
Date Posted: November 29 2001 at 12:31pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP337399111&id=199&page=1#16.199.1 - 16.199.1
I haven`t used it myself but a friend did for the first time just 2 weeks ago. I saw the end of the process and the finished result. It is a low ammonia gel that did give her nice layers of color and light. The directions say there is no visible root re-growth to worry about - we will have to wait to on that one but I can see that if you choose the correct shade you won`t have root problem. One thing I did like was the kit contains a double dose of conditioner (with green tea and aloe vera extracts), allowing a second application a few weeks after the original treatment, to help ensure that hair stays soft and healthy. She said it was easy to apply because it is a non-drip gel and was easy to spread evenly through the hair and get full coverage. I can also verify there was no nasty odor (in fact it didn`t smell much like haircolor at all). The develpment time is just 30 minutes too. It comes in 20 shades covering the spectrum of browns, reds and blondes. My friend used the Stellar - her hair is naturally a light brown and it lifted her color tones one level and it looks very natural with sublte highlights. I liked the way her hair turned out and as long as you stay in the proper color range, I think you will have a good result. So far, I like the product...after 2 weeks.

-------------
Merlin

Posted By: Suzie J
Date Posted: December 08 2001 at 10:25pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP337399111&id=199&page=1#16.200.1 - 16.200.1
Thanks for the response, Merlin.

I searched all over the web, and finally found some reviews in it, and they were all positive. So, a little fearfully, I tried it about two weeks ago.

I say fearfully because I`m leery of damaging my hair. That`s why I`ve stuck with Castings for so long. I picked up Equator, which is medium mahogany brown. My hair is naturally medium to dark brown with red highlights.

It came out a bit burgandy. I wasn`t quite expecting that! But, once it faded a bit (about a week), it turned into a very nice red-brown. It also doesn`t seem to have dried out my hair at all. And it`s been two weeks, and I`ve been watching for roots, and I can only see them if I look really, really hard.

All in all, I`d say it`s a good product. It`s for people looking for colour intensity between Castings and Feria, or who have a bit too much gray for Castings to cover it.

-------------
~Sue~

Posted By: Budokan
Date Posted: December 14 2001 at 7:42am
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP337399111&id=199&page=1#16.202.1 - 16.202.1
Thanks for the review Suzie J. I have been getting questions about this product and didn`t know what to say about since I have had no experience with it at all. Nice to know you had a good result with it and your hair is still in good condition. I`ll pass your information along to others. ;)

-------------