Print Page | Close Window

Ionic Hair Dryers

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10151
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 6:19pm

Topic: Ionic Hair Dryers
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Ionic Hair Dryers
Date Posted: September 04 2002 at 11:40am
I am interested in purchasing an ionic hair dryer. Does this type of dryer leave hair looking full or flatter than using a regular dryer. Would like to hear comments on brand preference.

Replies:
Posted By: Marina
Date Posted: September 06 2002 at 10:24am
I bought one after reading on this board how wounderfull this dryers are. I used it only 5 times and so far I can say that my hair feels much softer, but it is kind of baby soft when it is not holding the style as well and doesn`t keep straight. I think I need to adjust the styling products I use with this dryer. I made my husband test it (his hair is curly and freezy) and he claims to see the difference in softness as well. Oh, it is also dryes your hair faster.

I got the dryer from Sally`s, it was and still is on sale. I checked a couple of them before in K-Mart, and didn`t see much difference between the brands, it is just options preference. I like to have turnable nozzle and 2 different heat setting; and all of the ionic have dryers seem to have the same negative side of being heavier than the regular dryers.

Tonight I have to go for a company function and I plan to use my old regular dryer since I still cannot make my hair to look as nice with ionic as I did with the regular one.

-------------

Posted By: dana073
Date Posted: August 11 2003 at 7:36pm
I have owned an ionic hair dryer for probably the last year. I have long, naturally curly hair that I always blow dry and then straighten with a flat iron. Switching to an ionic blow dryer has done wonders with split ends! I usually let my hair air dry until I am ready to blow dry, so it doesn't take any longer than my normal previous dryer. It has 3 heat settings and 3 blowing settings...so the heat is never an issue. Infact, I have always left it on "Medium" heat, and have never put it on "hot" heat setting. I would say my hair is fuller after using this dryer, however I then use a flat iron to straighten it. I will definitely buy another when something happens to this one!

-------------

Posted By: Product Junkie7
Date Posted: August 13 2003 at 9:52pm
I don't see much difference in the ion. I think I have more frizz with the ion than without.

-------------
Knowledge is Power

Posted By: Endlessnight
Date Posted: August 14 2003 at 5:10am
I would never go back to a "non-ion" dryer after using this one for about a year. I cannot see a difference in my hair, but definitely feel one. Feels softer & smoother...

EN

Print Page | Close Window