Print Page | Close Window

Hair Straightening Irons!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10192
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 6:15pm

Topic: Hair Straightening Irons!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Hair Straightening Irons!
Date Posted: December 26 2002 at 7:49pm
I was wondering if anyone knows of some good salon-quality straightening irons. I`ve used the drugstore type, like the conair, etc., and they do NOTHING! Also, does anyone know if certain ones are more damaging than others? Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it...

Replies:
Posted By: denise
Date Posted: December 29 2002 at 10:35am
The ceramic Babyliss (professional)is very good. $US80 i think. I`ve had mine less than a week, but I am loving it!
I am an Australian, but i`m sure you guys have them there, and/or could buy one online.
If you go to naturallycurly.com forum, and search for `ceramic` (and wait a bit while it does so), you should find a wealth of information. :)
I did mine a few weeks a go while deciding from the huge number of irons availible. I think i have made a good choice.
Good luck.

-------------

Posted By: AggiePam
Date Posted: December 29 2002 at 5:10pm
There is a brand called Hot Tools which has been recommended here many times. Also my mother & sister-in-law use them & love them. You can get them at Sally`s. The salons use the same one under a brand called Helen of Troy. (same manufacturer). I don`t know anything about the damaging effects. Anyway, they get much hotter than the conair irons. Also, you can adjust the heat.

-------------