Print Page | Close Window

Terax Crema

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10197
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 4:31pm

Topic: Terax Crema
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Terax Crema
Date Posted: February 11 2003 at 12:29pm
Anyone try Terax Crema Conditioner? I've heard wonders.. true?

Replies:
Date Posted: February 13 2003 at 8:04pm
I haven't personally used it, but I have heard so many excellent things about it; many celebs such as Gwyneth, Madonna, etc., have all used this, and it has been Instyle Magazine's Best Overall Conditioner for over five years.

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: February 16 2003 at 8:07pm
Hi Flora,

Terax Crema is just another (overpriced) conditioner for dry hair. I know, it seems hard to believe when everyone, including celebrites with perfect hair (and stylists to do it everyday) are calling it the miracle cure. But the proof is in the pudding--or in the ingredient list more exactly. Terax Crema lists among its main ingredients fatty alcohol additives, which are emollient/thickeners that will smooth and moisturize hair. But then again almost every conditioner on the free market today from Herbal Essences to Biolage contains cetearyl, stearyl or cetyl alcohol. That's nothing special.

Also, some websites claim that Terax Crema is a slightly alkaline (high pH) substance, meaning that it will "open the hair cuticle, thereby attaining a high degree of penetration." I doubt this product is actually a basic substance, because this swelling of the hair shaft can actually damage the cuticle, the same way that high pH permanent dyes can. All in all, Terax is a good conditioner--but no more so than countless others for sale today. I hope this helps Flora--have a lovely week! :-)

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Date Posted: February 19 2003 at 8:28pm
Thanks Lyris for your knowledge! May I ask what is your personal fav conditioner?

Date Posted: February 21 2003 at 7:30am
Hi flora. My personal favorite....that's like asking me to just pick ONE dessert! :-) I have dry hair with the last several inches damaged from dye quite some time ago. For hair that needs extreme moisture, I can enthusiastically recommend Professional RX Humidifier (by Jherri Redding--heavy duty stuff) Aura Cherry Almond Bark revitalizing conditioner and Redken All Soft. But I would have to say my overall favorite is still Frizz Ease Glistening Creme by John Frieda. I like the original formula in the white bottle--they came out with a new, "extra strength" version that smells putrid. But please don't just take my word for it when to comes to conditioners--we might have really different hair! Good luck flora and have a lovely weekend :-)

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: April 06 2003 at 4:46pm
I tried Terax Crema after reading those rave reviews, in InStyle and other magazines.

I don't like it at all! But if you want to try it, I'd be happy to mail you what's left of my tube if you'll pay the postage. :) It's still about half full.

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: July 08 2003 at 1:39pm
LOL! Well all this time, and no one took me up on it!
So now, you have to pay 99cents if you want my Terax Crema!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2939442055&category=31788&rd=1 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2939442055&category=31788&rd=1

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Date Posted: July 08 2003 at 2:39pm
I hope you fetch more than 99 cents for your wares...if not for the products at least for all the pretty bottles and containers :-)

-------------

Posted By: Cristyl
Date Posted: August 06 2003 at 5:04pm
Hi,
I have bought Terax Crema and it is a wonderful conditioner!! However, everytime I use it, I gag and want to throw up. For lack of a better way to describe it, it smells like "a wet dog" that hasn't been bathed in a while. I can't believe the smell doesn't bother all these celebrities. I want to finish using mine, so I try not to breathe out of my nose when I use it. Maybe I could mix it with some aromatherapy stuff of something.
Just thought I'd share that with you!

-------------
CRose

Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 7:54am
Wet dog conditioner! LOL. What a disgusting thought...but the chuckle brightened my morning :-) Thanks Cristyl.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window