Print Page | Close Window

Matrix Biolage Line

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10258
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 8:26pm

Topic: Matrix Biolage Line
Posted By: IcyFire
Subject: Matrix Biolage Line
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 2:35am
Another waste of money. Ugh, instead of hydrating my hair, this stuff actually dried it out. And the smell was not that great either.

-------------
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 7:52am
I second that! It truly amazes me that the shampoo contains sodium lauryl sulfate, one of the most drying surfactant cleansers around! I just can't understand why a pricey salon line that claims to moisturize would include this ingredient. Glad you aren't using it anymore Icy; if your hair is naturally prone to dryness it would exacerbate the problem. What are you using now?

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: Kgirl
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 9:54am
Biolage recently launched their new "Ultra-Hydrating" line. The shampoo in that line contains sodium LAURETH sulfate as opposed to the sodium LAURYL sulfate in the regular hydrating shampoo. Perhaps you'd like to give that a try? I have it, and it is much more moisturizing than the regular hydrating shampoo.

HTH

-------------

Posted By: IcyFire
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 7:54pm
Hi Lyris.

Because I been trying new products, looking for the right line for me, I been left kind broke :) , so I'm sticking to Herbal Essence's Intensive Moisture Line for the moment. Its not great, but it does not dry out my hair and the smell is wonderful. I hava yet to find the right shampoo and conditioner. I've heard good things about Redken, so I'll try that next. I just hope it helps my thick hair!

Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 10:10pm
I just tested ISO reviving line. It is suppose to be for dry and chemically treated hair.

It contained amonium lauyrl sulfate and sodium lauyrl sulfate AND it tested at a 6.5 on the ph scale.

Who do they think they are kidding???
for dry hair.....puuuullllleeaasseeeee!!!!

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Kgirl Kgirl wrote:

Biolage recently launched their new "Ultra-Hydrating" line. The shampoo in that line contains sodium LAURETH sulfate as opposed to the sodium LAURYL sulfate in the regular hydrating shampoo. Perhaps you'd like to give that a try? I have it, and it is much more moisturizing than the regular hydrating shampoo.

HTH

Wow, I did not know that! That is quite an improvement. I am betting that within a year the original Biolage line will be discontinued.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Print Page | Close Window