Print Page | Close Window

Hi..new to long hair support board

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1032
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 6:32am

Topic: Hi..new to long hair support board
Posted By: nygal
Subject: Hi..new to long hair support board
Date Posted: July 25 2004 at 1:19pm
Hi everyone! I signed up yesterday and said hi on the general hair boards, but I figured that I would say hi over here because I'm trying to grow my hair to at least the middle of my back. Right now it's just slightly past my collar bone, naturally straight (unless I braid or curl it to give it some volume), no perms or color (except for a bit of gray around my face, which I actually like) . So, I'm hoping that I can get some inspiration by reading the long hair support board!

Kathy

Replies:
Posted By: Snuggles
Date Posted: July 25 2004 at 9:42pm
welcome, Kathy!

I truly wish you luck in growing your hair.. It takes a lot of work :) I hope this board can help you to reach your goal.

Stef

-------------
**Starving Actor** --Will Work For Peanuts!

Date Posted: July 25 2004 at 9:47pm
Thanks, Snuggles! That's what I'm hoping for..help and inspiration in growing it out. Sometimes it's nice to have this board when you just want to go to the salon on those terrible hair days!

-------------
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright

Posted By: babyfine
Date Posted: July 27 2004 at 6:55pm
Hi fellow newbies. I just found this website. I posted my first message in the "fine" hair section.

I had hair just above my shoulders two years ago and now it's fairly long. I went through good stages and bad stages... I found that putting it up worked for the bad stages.....

Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 27 2004 at 7:44pm
I'd like to give a great big welcome! to Kathy, Stef, babyfine, and all newcomers. I hope you find here the inspiration you seek, Kathy. How may we help to inspire you?

I agree with you, babyfine! Sometimes, just forgetting about the way it looks when it's growing out (by putting it up or back) helps you to get through the urge to get it cut. Good luck to you all in getting the hair your want. What are your goals?

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2004 at 10:05pm
Hi Dave! Well, I guess what I mean by inspiration is just looking at nice pics of hair and knowing that if I can just stick it out, I can get my hair like that, too. And, reading about what kinds of shampoo/conditioner ingredients to use/avoid....that sort of thing.

Oh, and welcome to Babyfine, too!

-------------
.....Steven Wright

Date Posted: July 27 2004 at 10:45pm
I agree with Dave..and I think that in the summertime when it's hot and you pull your hair back to forget about it is great...because come fall when you wear your hair down again, it's longer, and you didn't even know it was growing!!

-------------
.....Steven Wright

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: July 27 2004 at 11:37pm
Hello! Itīs great to see so many new participants, especially since the board has been a bit slow during June.

Iīm sure you will find it grows faster than you expect, Cant-wait-... At least thatīs what happened to me. I suddenly saw a recent picture of myself from the back, and didnīt recognize myself! Voila, and suddenly I was a long haired person! And I have learned so much about taking care of it on this board. Hair does take a beating - I just never realized how much.

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:41pm
Yes, me too.l Before I joined here I abused my hair so much. It's amazing it grew at all! 

Posted By: Katharine
Date Posted: April 27 2005 at 1:39pm

Hi, I'm brand new as well.

I have shoulder length fine hair too and am also trying to grow it long.  I've been hanging around here just reading for about a week and have already gotten lots of inspiration and info. 

I just colored my hair with henna and indigo as an alternative to chemicals.  It turned out just the way I wanted - a rich brown w/ a tinge of burgundy. I am so happy to have found a healthier, natural way to color. Its cheaper and I can do it myself! I'll never go back! I found a link here to a great site called henna for hair, which taught me everything I needed to know.

Thanks for a great start!  I'm trying to get my pic up- but don't know how to get it to 64 x 64 pixels.

-------------

http://home.comcast.net/~kdieterich/Katiesplace.html - Katies Place

Posted By: deltagirl12345
Date Posted: April 27 2005 at 1:41pm

Hi Kathy:

Welcome to the board.

Susan

-------------
Susan

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 30 2005 at 7:07pm
Hi Katharine, and welcome!

I think you can use photoshop to shrink picture images.  I don't think it has to be square, or as small as 64 x 64 pixels.  I think the guideline (or limit?) is 15k.

And Susan, it's good to "see" you again.

-------------

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:32pm
Welcome Kathy,  I hope you reach your goal. 

Good luck

Print Page | Close Window