Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10326
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 11:34am

Topic: Who Should or Shouldn't
Posted By: Rod
Subject: Who Should or Shouldn't
Date Posted: May 14 2003 at 5:46pm
I tend to favor short hair on women, but not all women. There are some traits that call for short hair, while others that call for longer hair. Posting this on the short hair board, I'm sure I'd get a different reaction than posting it on the long hair board. People will disagree and others will add some traits I haven't thought of.

That's the point.

And who knows? Maybe someone will cut their hair or grow it after reading the thread.

Overweight women – Shouldn’t. Short hair can emphasize a fat face. Long hair will balance the woman’s body.

Tall women – Shouldn’t. Short hair will often make them look taller and gawky. Long hair will provide a strong compliment to a long body.

Women with a strong chin – Shouldn’t. Take the emphasis away from the chin by keeping the hair below the shoulders.

Petite women – Should. Long hair will overpower, causing them to disappear. Short hair will emphasize a petite woman’s more delicate features.

When her face is her best feature – Should. Short hair draws the eyes to the face, while long hair draws the eyes to the body.

When her body is her best feature – Shouldn’t. See above.

None of these are rules. Charlize Theron is tall and looks great with short or long hair. Sarah Michelle Gellar is petite and looks great with short or long hair.

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: May 14 2003 at 6:12pm
I agree with all your points but the one concerning tall women. Tall women often look good in short hair.
Heavyweight women or women with large noses or pronounced chins, look less good in short hair, true enough.
Petite women do look the best with short hair. My wife is petite and is a good example of that.

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: May 15 2003 at 10:58am
People with wide cheeks (I guess a wide lower face) don't look well with short hair. It makes the face look even wider. Shoulder length or longer hair would be better to frame the face.

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: May 16 2003 at 8:22pm
I think heart shaped faces look best with short hair. Square faces need some length at least in the back. I agree about tall women and heavy women. You can end up looking like a pin head which isn't very attractive.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Print Page | Close Window