Print Page | Close Window

Which conditioners are best for damaged hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10433
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 10:44pm

Topic: Which conditioners are best for damaged hair?
Posted By: Linny
Subject: Which conditioners are best for damaged hair?
Date Posted: June 28 2004 at 1:27am
What hair serums and conditioners does everyone suggest for dry damaged (colortreated) hair? Which brands does everyone prefer? Which ones are the best? Thanks!

Linny

Replies:
Posted By: miss brenda
Date Posted: July 02 2004 at 3:14am
Try Aveda peoducts.

-------------

Posted By: carameldiva
Date Posted: August 13 2004 at 2:14pm
Try aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in conditioner or infusium 23 leave-in conditioner.

-------------
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 20 2004 at 5:13pm
With dry damaged hair, I'd recommend some natural treatments in addition to conditioners and serums. Try a heavy oiling with jojoba or sweet almond, before a hairwash. I've been doing this before every wash, only with coconut oil, and it's restored a huge amount of moisture.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: August 25 2004 at 5:30am
I used Herbal Essence Intensive Blends, like the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in afterwards, as well as Infusium 23 leave-in when necessary. My hair was sooooo fried. *sweatdrops* But no matter what conditioners and things you use, your hair will still be damaged, just the conditioners will make it appear healthier for a while. It's best to just be gentle with your hair so as not to damage it again, and trim off the damaged bits as much as you can stand to, every few weeks or so, until they're all out.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: gizmo
Date Posted: August 26 2004 at 10:37pm
If you don't have a really oily scalp, wash your hair every other day. It'll allow your natural oils time to replenish your hair a bit.

I'm fond of the Aussie line of deep conditioners.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window