Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10437
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 9:25pm

Topic: Could I pull it off?
Posted By: arraskal
Subject: Could I pull it off?
Date Posted: July 13 2004 at 10:31pm
I realize you are all probably sick of these kinds of threads, but bear with me please.

I currently have long (mid-back) length, wavy hair. Frankly, I'm sick of it. I don't have a whole lot of patience when it comes to my hair, and currently it just takes too much time to make it look decent and keep it nice. So...with all that said, and with what you can gather from my pic, do you think I can be freed?

Thanks in advance!

Replies:
Posted By: miss brenda
Date Posted: July 14 2004 at 12:18am
Of course! Join us short haired ladies and get a nice short 'do.
Maybe go to a good salon and get some ideas from a beautician who really understands short hairstyles. You would look great in short hair!
Let us know what style you choose when you go to a short 'do!

-------------

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: July 14 2004 at 4:24am
If you're nervous, you could start off with something that's not too short, like a bob or something, and try something shorter later, if and when you feel ready.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 14 2004 at 10:34am
You look like a chin length bob would look good. I've got the same dilema, hair is currently ear length, but I am debating a short back and sides crop for ease of maintainance.

Date Posted: July 14 2004 at 7:17pm
Thanks for the advice. I am a bit nervous, but definitely excited to try something new. I'll let you all know what happens.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2004 at 4:22am
Hello again!
I just thought I'd let you all know that I took the plunge today and am quite happy with the results. The cut kind of resembles something between Halle Berry's short hair, and Annie Lennox's do. Whatever it is, I am glad I decided to cut it, and once again thank you all for your words of advice.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2004 at 11:21am
Oh wow, congrats on your new short 'do! I bet you look great!

-------------

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: July 21 2004 at 7:14am
picture! Can you post a picture?

-------------

Date Posted: July 21 2004 at 9:57pm
Thanks miss brenda!

Unfortunately Hal, I cannot. I am without digital camera or scanner. (My avatar was taken during a vacation last year with a friend's camera.)

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2004 at 12:52am
You're welcome!

-------------