Print Page | Close Window

long gray hair part two

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1134
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 12:25pm

Topic: long gray hair part two
Posted By: eg888
Subject: long gray hair part two
Date Posted: November 17 2004 at 11:07am
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the wonderful people who offered support to me for keeping my hair long and gray. Thank you, DaveDecker, AnaisSatin, Eowyn, Supersugar, Grace 912, Susan W, harpgal and korskovhatt3. I was especially impressed that harpgal joined the group so she could give me support. I loved the comment from DaveDecker about growing a spine. I do have to be more secure with my choice. And I really loved the picture of Glenn Close (Thanks AnaisSatin). Whenever I get a little shaky I will read and reread these heartening posts. Thanks again to all

Replies:
Posted By: harpgal
Date Posted: November 17 2004 at 2:16pm
Way to go, girl!

-------------
The Joy is in the Journey

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 3:35pm
Glad to hear you won't be bullied. I like very long hair, my wife wears her past waist length and I am the only one who will touch it with scissors to touch up the ends. She has heard from so called caring friends who want her to chop it off. When I am around I tell them if they grew their hair out to a woman's length, they would not feel so inadequate and want my wife to cut hers. Our neighbor saw another Maury Povich show the other day where a woman with hair down to her knees was dragged on stage to get her hair cut off to appease "caring" family members. FRankly I think she should have given her husband a kick in the back side and told him if he doesn't like it long anymore (or more likely he is jealous of the attention it gets from other men, he is insecure) he can sleep on the couch. By all means so no to the scissor happy friends, put them on the defensive for even suggesting you cut your hair.

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:17pm
Whoa! How did we miss this post of yours, eg888???
Happy greying and growing :) We'd love to see more of you around here.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Whoa! How did we miss this post of yours, eg888???
Happy greying and growing :) We'd love to see more of you around here.

Anais

Exactly my thought, Anais. How in the world did I miss this thread??

Anyway... welcome eg888! How's that spine of yours these days -- nice and firm?

-------------

Posted By: Grace912
Date Posted: March 04 2005 at 9:06am
Don't know how I missed this, I'm so glad that I could be of help! How are you doing?

-------------
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 6:11am
What a nice post, I hope eg888 is doing well.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Print Page | Close Window