Print Page | Close Window

Aveda

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1144
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 12:32pm

Topic: Aveda
Posted By: Nekita
Subject: Aveda
Date Posted: November 23 2004 at 4:01pm
I recently started using Aveda products on my hair. Does anyone have any comments on it?

Thanks... :)

Replies:
Posted By: farahsatana
Date Posted: November 24 2004 at 11:48am
They sure do smell nice.

Date Posted: November 26 2004 at 1:45pm
I was hoping someone would know if Aveda products are good for trying to grow hair long. Has anyone tried them?

-------------

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: November 26 2004 at 2:21pm
I just looked that up online. Wow! It's expensive!

My regular conditioners cost $1 a bottle or less, and my "special" ones cost $2.50 a bottle.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Date Posted: November 26 2004 at 2:54pm
Yeah, it is pretty darn expensive. If it costs more, it's gotta be good, right? (joke). What do you use that costs $1-$2.50?

Aveda was recommended to me...and not knowing too much about hair care, I figured I'd try it.

-------------

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: November 26 2004 at 4:49pm
My favorite "light" conditioners are Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner, White Rain Extra Body, and VO5 Free Me Freesia and Hydrators.

The heavier duty conditioners I use are Elasta QP Intense, Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cholesterol, and Pantene Pro-V.

I'm a conditioner junkie, but it's a cheap habit.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: strawberryfine
Date Posted: November 27 2004 at 11:58am
I have Aveda's Sap Moss Shampoo and I really like it. It is my 2nd favorite shampoo.

It is expensive, but it has the consistency of toothpaste in a tube; I can sqeeze just a bit on my fingertips and place it where I want it on my scalp, lather up and it's all I need.

What I have seen of Aveda products, some have 'cones; the cherry almond bark reconstructing conditioner has no 'cones and looks like it would be good.

-------------
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: November 28 2004 at 8:48pm
Wow, farahsatana -- your hair is beautiful! (As is everyone else's!)

And yeah, I agree -- Aveda s&c's do smell nice. I used to use the products, but haven't in at least 5 years now. Sort of my own personal boycott of the company based on some unsavory business practices (sorry, I won't go into details). Not that it matters, I've since used a fair variety of other products, and happy hair has been achieved without Aveda.

And FWIW Nekita, I don't believe that Aveda products will help you grow your hair any faster than any other decent/good products. Hair care technique and general physical health are much more important factors.

-------------

Date Posted: November 28 2004 at 9:29pm
Dave... what do you use?

I didn't know anything about bad business practices, but now you've got me curious. I really would like to use something else. At Almost $20 a bottle, I think they are a little out of their minds.

Do you agree that Suave and White Rain are good options?

Thank you everyone for your input. I really appreciate it. :)

Posted By: strawberryfine
Date Posted: December 03 2004 at 3:54pm
I worked for Estee' Lauder and Clinique who I understand owns Aveda. I am not impressed with the company practices at all.

Mmmm; must go think...

-------------
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"

Print Page | Close Window