Print Page | Close Window

Why?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1162
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 12:19pm

Topic: Why?
Posted By: irisheyes
Subject: Why?
Date Posted: December 05 2004 at 4:51pm
Why wont my hair grow its been to months and still my hair in front is short i mean the back and sides are long but the front are thin , will they ever grow and does bad haircut make your hair stop growing

-------------
Look up

Replies:
Posted By: korsakovhatt3
Date Posted: December 05 2004 at 5:07pm
A bad hair cut can NOT make your hair stop growing. A hair cut has absolutely no effect on your hair follicles (that's where growth begins). If your hair is short and thin in front, you may be experiencing the beginning stages of male pattern baldness. I don't know how old you are, but some guys start experiencing thinning hair (especially along the front of the hairline) in their teens. Even some women and children experience thinning hair, hair loss or baldness.

You could also go to your doctor and see if there might be a dermatological explanation of your situation. You've posted this question a number of times, so I can tell that this problem is really bothering you. I really think you should go to the doctor and get a definitive answer just to put your mind at ease.

-------------
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)

Posted By: PurpleBubba
Date Posted: December 05 2004 at 6:57pm
The only way I can think of a bad haircut causing hair to not grow would be if someone gave you a buzzcut with clippers that had been running for a long time and they burnt your scalp or something horrible like that.

Sorry to hear about the slow progress. I hope it gets better.

Edited to add: I agree, if this is really worrying you then you should talk to a doctor.

-------------

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Care_Family/index.php?showtopic=12 - My Journal

Date Posted: December 06 2004 at 12:02pm
yea exactly so,ome gave me a badhaircut with clipper sand i felt a burn on my scalp? so will my hair grow or not? i m ean i cant be going bald im 20 , it has a spot where it is thin so i mean i dunno what hairstle to do and i always wante dmy hair long agian im a male so is short hair for problem i have good?

-------------
Look up

Posted By: korsakovhatt3
Date Posted: December 06 2004 at 3:52pm
When you say the clippers burned your scalp, do you mean it was just slightly painful or did you have actual 2nd or 3rd degree burns on your scalp? I've had chemical burns (resulting in blisters) on my scalp before (from bleach), and my hair caught on fire once and slightly singed my scalp -- my hair still grows in those areas. Unless you were seriously burned, I doubt your current situation could be attributed to that haircut. Once again, go to your doctor. That's the only way to know for sure.

P.S. 20 is not too young for a man to start experiencing thinning or hair loss. Is your mother's father bald? If he is (or was), try to find out when he started to lose his hair. The daughter of a man with male pattern baldness carries that gene and passes it on to her sons.

-------------
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)

Date Posted: December 07 2004 at 2:23pm
it was a burn not second or third degree so do you think my hair will grow by same ,way , and what does those small hairs grow mean, does that mean hair is growing or what . So do I need to make sure anything I need to know to help my situatuion

-------------
Look up

Print Page | Close Window