Print Page | Close Window

Please help

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1193
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 10:26am

Topic: Please help
Posted By: binijohn
Subject: Please help
Date Posted: January 12 2005 at 12:00am
hi everyone.

I am a new member to the site..... Actually I accidentally got my 5-6 inches (waistlength) hair chopped off. I just got belived the hair stylist that my (curly/wavy) hair is damaged....... and I got my hair cut............. Now I am deeply depressed......
I want to regrow my hair... to the original .... I am 29 now...... How much time would it take to grow another 5-6 inches of my hair..... Is there any oils or any procedure to fasten the process.

Please advise.

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: January 12 2005 at 6:51am
It will take a year, provided you are referring to the stretched-out length of your hair. If the 5-6 inches is the length of your curls, it may take lots longer.

There is nothing you can do to make your hair grow faster. Take care of it, and you will grow hair as healthy as possible.

Patience is a hair-growth virtue.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: Nekita
Date Posted: January 12 2005 at 8:42pm
Hi... I joined this site after a hair disaster, too. I've gotten lots of good advice, and my hair seems to be growing. Things I've done...

1) It sounds silly, but I started taking Flintstones Vitamins (Flintstones Complete). It contains Biotin, which people on this board say helps hair.

2) Only shampoo above the ears, and condition below the ears. They say conditioner can clog the hair follicles.

Also - hair can only grow so fast. Yours is pre-programmed, but there are things you can do to slow it down. Caffiene, alcohol, clogging hair follicles, not enough sleep - basically not taking care of yourself. Be good to yourself and your hair will be happy. It should grow about 1/2 inch per month, that's why it'll take a year.

Good luck... and hang in there... :)
...Nekita

Print Page | Close Window