Print Page | Close Window

Using Anti-Snap

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1215
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 10:31am

Topic: Using Anti-Snap
Posted By: whateverinny
Subject: Using Anti-Snap
Date Posted: January 27 2005 at 12:48pm
Hi. I am attempting to re-grow my hair long and I need some product advice.

Just two years ago, it was past my shoulders and shiny, but I ruined it, first by letting a hair dresser talk me into cutting off four inches, and then with a combination of using John Frieda's Beach Blond, cheap hair products, blow drying you name it - some of it literally broke of, it is uneven and pretty short now.

About two months ago, I snipped the worst ends and stopped using a blow dryer, and from this I can see a vast improvment. My hair is fine, thin, wavy, and color treated and on top of this OILY. I have been letting it air dry, washing it infrequently, and I have been wearing clip on pony tails and scrunchee hair pieces and such to make it look like I have hair.

In terms of shampoos, I have been using Redken's Extreme line. I have also been treating it with Redken's CAT and using Anti-Snap. How frequently should I be applying Anti-Snap? Will there be too much protein buildup? Or can I use this daily. I have read this board, and I have seen contradictory advice on this.

What I am looking for is a leave in conditioner that I can apply to my hair when wet, one that will condition and keep my hair in place while I smooth it back into a pony tail and add hair pieces - during this growing out phase. I have used Aveda's smoothing fluid, which is nice, it has lavender oil (which I assume would condition it) but is also full of cones, which I have heard is bad.

Any ideas what treatments I should be using to nuture my hair during this phase?

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Eva

Replies:
Posted By: GoldieLocks92
Date Posted: January 27 2005 at 5:46pm
Product build up is a major problem when growing hair so I use a mix of very little vinegar (and I mean a TINY bit) and a lot of water on my hair once a month. Your skin may be sensitive to it so be careful! You only need this once a month. Putting it in a bottle you can squeeze it from helps prevent getting it in your eyes.

-------------
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: February 01 2005 at 1:28pm
If you were to fill an empty squirt bottle ...how full of vinegar and water would you fill it with. How many ounces per say of vinegar??

Posted By: GoldieLocks92
Date Posted: February 01 2005 at 9:06pm
I never measured my ammount, I just eyeballed it. Put in the vinegar first so you can see how much you have in there. Go for a very small ammount untill you know what you can handle.

-------------
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: February 02 2005 at 2:46pm
The dilution I use is 1/2 cup vinegar in a 20 oz soda bottle. The rest of the bottle is filled with water. (I believe the scientific term for that is "q.s." to q.s. something to 20 oz. if that helps you)

Any other dilutions are usually around that ballpark.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Print Page | Close Window