Print Page | Close Window

Important vitamins, etc.?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1230
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 10:25am

Topic: Important vitamins, etc.?
Posted By: GoldieLocks92
Subject: Important vitamins, etc.?
Date Posted: February 07 2005 at 5:34pm
Yet another question from me!
I'm looking to add a multivaitmin or incoorperate some more vitamins into my diet for my hair's sake.
Are there any essential vitamins I should look for? Where can I find them (foods, good products, etc)
Thanks!!!

A

-------------
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Replies:
Posted By: Elesha
Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 1:56am
As far as diet, I don't know what would be best, but maybe try some herbal vitamins. My mom takes herbal stuff for absolutely everything. There are no side effects and you take other prescription meds while on it. She actually took a certain herbal vitamin (sorry I do not know what it was called) but it was because her hair was so dry. In two weeks her hair looked the healthiest it has in years.

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 6:47am
Goldilocks, a multivitamin would be good. Just make sure you don't take too much of anything (overdoing it on some vitamins can cause hair loss and other serious health issues).

Elesha, it probably wasn't the vitamin that fixed her hair in two weeks, but something else she was doing to her hair. Hair is dead once it leaves your scalp, and no nutrients you eat/take now are going to have any effect on the hair that's already out of your scalp. Nutrients will however help the hair that is currently being made in your hair follicle. Hair grows an average of a half inch a month, so it may be a long while before you notice any difference the nutrients make. Certainly worth it for the long haul though, for anyone who wants very long hair.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Elesha
Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 9:50am
Thanks Susan, good to know! I wonder what it was then? Anyway, thanks for the info, I myself am trying to grow my hair out.

Print Page | Close Window