Print Page | Close Window

pigtails!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Teen Hair & Hairstyles
Forum Description: If its cool, if its hip, if its hot... Its here.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12434
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 6:26pm

Topic: pigtails!!!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: pigtails!!!
Date Posted: January 19 2004 at 3:33pm
hi,
i was wondering if pigtails are cool or not? cuz i have to do this presentation for school and the head person in my group said to have a "cute" hairdo...but she said it should be trendy too so we dont look like idiots. Also, how do you do pigtails?
thanks

Replies:
Date Posted: January 20 2004 at 5:33am
I love pigtails, I recon that they look really cute, pity more of you girls dont wear them ;-)

Posted By: Wild Rose
Date Posted: January 20 2004 at 12:33pm
Hey, I think that pig tails can look AWESOME, that is if you have short hair!!!!! If you do, just take half your hair to the back of your head and put a small elastic around it, and repeat on the other side, if some hair falls out thats OK it looks go, but if you have long hair or really thick curly hair, scratch the pig tail Idea cuz ull look lile your 4

-------------
~*Rose*~

~Beauty rules are meant to be broken, and put back together in your own way~

Posted By: Kintaro
Date Posted: January 20 2004 at 6:48pm
I can personally confirm that. Let's just say that I made a comment and I had to put my money where my mouth was.

Pigtails are cool, unless you are going out in the real world (at least as a guy). Then you're screwed.

-------------
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: January 22 2004 at 5:07am
Are pigtails the two braids or the two ponytails? *laughs* I can never keep it straight what's what. I'll just answer for both.
Two braids can look cute if you're wearing overalls and going for the "country girl" look, but I can't recommend them with anything else.
Two ponytails can look cute if your hair is shoulder-length or shorter, and it doesn't really matter if you tie them low or high. With longer hair it doesn't look as good, though.
If I were recommending a "cute" hairstyle, I'd have to say either the two ponytails if your hair isn't too long, or two messy little buns if your hair is longer.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: gmoney
Date Posted: January 22 2004 at 11:16pm
Pigtails are super cute, either loose or braided.

-------------

Posted By: sexypineapples
Date Posted: January 24 2004 at 9:18pm
Pig tails are cute for shoulder hair (maybe a little longer) High pig tails are more sporty and low ones are more sweet/good-girl. My friend has dirty blonde hair and she looks really good with high pig tails. Just don't put two on the sides of your head or else you'd look like some sort of poorly drawn cartoon.

-------------
I love you~!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: January 25 2004 at 7:50am
I disagree with what a couple of people have said, I love the braided pigtail look as well, obviously they aren't appropriate if like, you're wearing a business suit or something ;) But if you''re in casual clothes or similar, they are really cute.

Date Posted: January 31 2004 at 10:08am
Hey Kintaro, sounds like you've got a story to tell there ;-)

Posted By: Kintaro
Date Posted: January 31 2004 at 11:13am
Not for this forum, let's just say I opened my mouth wide enough to put my foot in it, and someone took me up on my word. I never back down from what I have said, and ironically I wasn't drunk.

You're not getting any pictures here though. o_O
Sorry :P

-------------
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.

Date Posted: February 01 2004 at 12:23am
Come on, show/tell us ;-)

Posted By: Helicala
Date Posted: March 09 2004 at 6:09pm
Pigtails usually look great on short hair, but they often don't work for long hair.

However, there is this gothy chic in my high school who wears her long black hair in pigtails and she always looks very cute. Her hair length, when it's down, is about midway down her back. She wears her pigtails high on her head.

Low pigtails look very farmer-girl, except with short hair. Higher pigtails can look very sexy in an anime schoolgirl sort of way.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window