Print Page | Close Window

When trims go wrong...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1245
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 2:22am

Topic: When trims go wrong...
Posted By: The Asian Invasion
Subject: When trims go wrong...
Date Posted: February 21 2005 at 11:54am
Well, my mom decided to trim my hair. I asked her not to try to even out my layers just because they were so varying in length, but she didn't listen to that. My hair went from waist length to BSL.

My avatar has the length it was before, and now it's:

=( I lost about 5 months of hair growth, and my goal for getting hip length before next september went out the window. I'll be lucky to get my length back by August. My mom justified that she cut it all to make sure all of the split ends were removed, but looking through my hair, I still spot a few that needed to be snipped individually.

However, on the plus side, WOW, I didn't know my hair was so thick! Without all the layers, I can really tell how thick my hair is! I guess, to look on the plus side, this gives me another chance for healthy long hair.

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: February 21 2005 at 12:05pm
Yeah, my daughter did the same thing to me a couple of summers ago. She took 5" off instead of the inch I requested. I was very annoyed, but at the time my hair was (and continued to be) in ratty condition, so in retrospect it didn't make much difference.

Now I only cut my own hair.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 21 2005 at 3:57pm
Bummer, AI

May I ask how old you are? I wonder because you seem to be more than old enough to be making decisions about whether or not to trim, and if so, how much.

Your hair grows fast, though! 5 inches by August, that's almost 1 inch per month.

Next time you have your hair trimmed (if you don't do it yourself, as eKatherine does), be firm with the scissors-wielder, insist that they follow your wishes or else there will be no trimming of your hair.

-------------

Posted By: The Asian Invasion
Date Posted: February 22 2005 at 8:12pm
I'm fourteen, and I'll be fifteen in a few more months.

Yes, I doubt there will be a trim anytime in the near future. I just got myself a new pair of sharp scissors with no gap in between the blades, and I'm going to do search and destroys until I get some more decent length back, and maybe then, I'll get another trim, but my mother shouldn't be holding her breath on that one. =P

-------------

Posted By: deltagirl12345
Date Posted: February 23 2005 at 9:03am
Hi Hi:

You have very nice hair. I like the color. One thing you must never forget. Hair grows back. No matter how the cut or style turned out.

She is your mom. Be understanding.

Hugs - Susan

-------------
Susan

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: February 24 2005 at 5:59am
Your mom should respect your hair choices at your age, I believe. I did with my daughters. This "split end" excuse is ridicu;ous. Sorry, Bob

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: February 26 2005 at 6:18pm
That's too bad but it will grow back and it still looks long and nice. I have also seen someone on the board give a link with instructions to trim your own hair. I think I will try at the end of the year. I have heard too many stories of trims gone bad. I would not want all my lenghth to go it took time to grow.

Good luck It will be back soon don't worry be happy

TLSF

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 9:42am
I'm sorry the trim didn't work out.. but WOW your red color is simply GORGEOUS! Your hair is going to look terriffic at hip length.
Next time, you can use Fia's self-trimming method
http://members.fortunecity.com/feye/trim/ - http://members.fortunecity.com/feye/trim/

Blessings
Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: llama_man666
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 3:59am
really sorry, must be frustrating

-------------

Posted By: vijay
Date Posted: March 11 2005 at 7:32am
sister dnt worry

it will grow take biotin 100mcg daily is a vitamin h tablet
good fo r hair ok

-------------
MP VIJAYKHANNA

Posted By: SumoSamurai
Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 6:52pm
Hey, your hair looks nasty. Your hair is like cut all over the place. Sections of long and short. Also it looks dry.

-------------

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...

Posted By: redhairedgirl
Date Posted: March 13 2005 at 3:38am
Originally posted by SumoSamurai SumoSamurai wrote:

Hey, your hair looks nasty. Your hair is like cut all over the place. Sections of long and short. Also it looks dry.

Hey, that's a horrible thing to say!!
The colour looks cool and when it grows back it will look great.
AI - Why don't you go to a salon next time and have it trimmed exactly as YOU want it.

-------------

Date Posted: March 13 2005 at 5:06pm
Man your mom is a bad trimmer. I bet she just cut here and there and "woot, im done". And no, the quality of your hair looks nasty. When it does grow back and if you don't do anything to your hair, it'll probably still look dry. The color looks messed up also. Very unsmooth color.

-------------

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: March 14 2005 at 2:04pm
Please don't listen to this "Sumo" idiot, AI! Your hair looks VERY good, even now. He's probably baiting you to chop all your hair off, since it looks so "horrible". Don't listen to this haircut fetish nut, please! Bob

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:03am

WOW, what a comment that was from Sumo. I just wanted to pitch in and say your hair is beautiful, Asian Invasion.

Here's a (((HUG))) for you

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:58am
AI, I really like that color.  I looooove red.  I'm sorry the trim didn't come out how you want, but your hair is still a good length and sooo thick!  I bet a lot of us have been in your situation....often times people get scissor-happy.  For about ten years I was the only one allowed to get scissors near my hair. Now I'll let someone else do it once or twice a year, and I know to tell them to cut less than I actually want them to cut.  I can take care of the tiny trims in-between.

Date Posted: March 16 2005 at 12:05am

Don't listen to "Sumo", listen to me!!

By the way, does my signature pic have an error on it saying Angelfire?

-------------

Posted By: Gear Girl
Date Posted: March 17 2005 at 9:19pm

I don't know how anyone can look at one picture of some one's hair and instantly know what is wrong with it.  Sumo, you must have some freakish talent or something.

When I look at the picture, I don't see anything wrong with it.  I can see that you have lovely hair and that the picture might not be the best quality to really show it off to it's full potential.

Posted By: redhairedgirl
Date Posted: March 18 2005 at 6:03am

I think that Sumo must just be one of those types who thinks it's clever and funny to insult people. IMO if you can't think of something nice or constructive to say, shut-up!

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:53pm
You guys seriously can't tell? Also, even if I say something nice, it wouldn't be true. Now ignore me, I don't want any more conflict.

-------------

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:02pm
It may not be the cut you wanted, but it doesn't look like any kind of mistake. It looks like something you did intentionally because you wanted that effect. So don't worry about it at all, it looks really healthy.

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 9:27pm
Your hair looks very thick and beautiful on the positve.  I know you must be angry that you lost the length but I don't think your mom did a very good job with the ends because it does look uneven.  I would go to a hairdresser and have her fix it up for you.  Even if you loose a couple more inches you will be left with gorgeous long hair no matter what. 

-------------

Posted By: mom2kaymae
Date Posted: July 18 2005 at 1:56pm
WEll i think the sumo guy is right on one thing.  He says it's chopped up all over. THose are called layers... 

-------------
BSL and growing

Posted By: ACCOLADY
Date Posted: July 18 2005 at 5:46pm

This 'sumo' guy you will note is a banned member. It would be best if we not entertain his rude and obnoxious comments. Her hair is trimmed, and perhaps cut in various placed, but hardly chopped up all over.

Hello AsianInvasian,

It is obvious by looking at your photo that your hair is healthy and in good condition. As your original message was back in February, your hair has now grown for five months. If you get a chance, pop in and let us know how you're doing on growth.

-------------
Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005

Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:14am
Originally posted by ACCOLADY ACCOLADY wrote:

This 'sumo' guy you will note is a banned member. It would be best if we not entertain his rude and obnoxious comments. Her hair is trimmed, and perhaps cut in various placed, but hardly chopped up all over.

I think it is chopped up all over, cuz her mom didn't even it out.  So banned or not, he was somewhat right. and i am entitled my opinoin regardless

Hello AsianInvasian,

It is obvious by looking at your photo that your hair is healthy and in good condition. As your original message was back in February, your hair has now grown for five months. If you get a chance, pop in and let us know how you're doing on growth.

-------------
BSL and growing

Posted By: ACCOLADY
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:21am

Greetings,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately you included your opinion about my post in my original text.

mom2kaymae, not Accolady, wrote:
I think it is chopped up all over, cuz her mom didn't even it out.  So banned or not, he was somewhat right. and i am entitled my opinoin regardless

-------------
Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005

Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:33am
oops sorry about that

-------------
BSL and growing

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:38pm
Hello mom2kaymae,

SumoSamurai was banned in part because the person used multiple identities from a single computer in a rapid-fire response method.

SumoSamurai was also short on tact.  Your description ("layers") is obviously much more tactful than the banned one's.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window