Print Page | Close Window

Measure-In For March 2005

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1253
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 8:25am

Topic: Measure-In For March 2005
Posted By: PurpleBubba
Subject: Measure-In For March 2005
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 12:01am
Measure-In For March 2005

I don't have mine yet.

Good Luck with yours. :)

Replies:
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 4:46pm
This is going to be an Official self measurement because I'm not asking for help this time.

Last month when Mom measured I had 30.5"
On the 19th I did a small trim and with self measurements was getting no less than 30.25" afterward.

Today I'm getting no less than 30.5"

These are not the most accurate measurements but since I'm going to be maintaining at around 30" for a long time it doesn't matter. As long as I'm minimum 30"

I will be measuring again before and after the trim on the 18th or 19th.

I've updated my signature.

-------------

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Care_Family/index.php?showtopic=12 - My Journal

Posted By: GoldieLocks92
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 4:59pm
My hair is 14 inches from root to tip at the side. My hair grew a good inch last month, which is good I guess. I started taking a multi-vitamin so I hope that will have some affect on my hair growth.

Whats you goal purplebubba?

~A

-------------
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 7:39pm
My current goal is to maintain between 30 and 40"

I might go longer and might not.

I don't want to ever go above 30" again.

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:14pm
Woohoo! I'm not measuring until Beltaine, but I do feel it's getting longer. It tickles places it hasn't tickled before, and I call that P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S!!!! Yaaaaaahooooooooo!!!!!

Nope, couldn't hold that in.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Woohoo! I'm not measuring until Beltaine, but I do feel it's getting longer. It tickles places it hasn't tickled before, and I call that P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S!!!! Yaaaaaahooooooooo!!!!!

Nope, couldn't hold that in.

Anais

John Dean fan?

Um, I don't know the length today. What measurement did I give recently at LHC? 71 I think. Truth is, I just don't measure often. Aligned with the beginning of the month only coincidentally (if ever).

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:07pm
Way to grow, folks!

Dave,
Nope, I have no idea who John Dean is :)

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: March 03 2005 at 10:58pm
Anais, are you saying you can feel your hair growing?

-------------

Date Posted: March 04 2005 at 12:09am
No she's saying that her hair is touching spots on her body that it wasn't touching before.

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 04 2005 at 7:26am
Mine's about 15 inches...and seeming to take FOR-EVER!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: March 04 2005 at 3:37pm
My wife's is 31 1/2" long now. Her name is also Susan. It's almost 60" stretched across!
*Susan W*., *My* Susan has not trimmed in 13 1/2 months, tho' it needs a little one now. I remember reading that you trim frequently. Sorry for being presumptuous, but your long hair pics are so beautiful and you want it back so badly---I just wanted to suggest that your trims are possibly taking off most or all of your new growth. To attain long hair, one must relax, enjoy it, and not stress about imperfections.
Seems about three years since I first read a post from you after you'd freshly bobbed your hair. You said it was necessary, but I can't imagine your locks looking anything but wonderful! Just let it grow, Susan!
I'll relate my wife's hair history to try to encourage you, 'cause you seem rather down. Half-spiky pixie in June '98. (She had it medium to very long from '78, when I met her, to April '96, when she got her first pixie.) From the half-spike, it grew to all one length by July '99. Got chin-length bobs in Aug. and Nov. of '99. Grew it past mid-back by June '01, then got two 5-6" cuts that year which brought her to a shoulder skimmer. LONG story about that! (lol)
Finally, from Nov. 21, 2001 to the present, she has had two 3" trims, her last Jan. 04. Aesthetically, she probably *needed* half that total cut. So, in less than 40 months, she can tuck her hair in her pants. She's 5'3". It's awesome, and she has no bad hair days, except when she let's it down over her knit sweaters, and it's replete with tangles. She'll soon be 45, and her hair is as long as ever, and b/c of better care, it looks superior to when I met her!
I believe with all my heart, Susan, that her story might be yours in three years. I hope you are not offended by my words. You are simply one of the sweetest ladies around, and it would be so sad for me if your slow progress ever caused you to settle for less than your dream. Bob

-------------

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: March 04 2005 at 5:16pm
bob s can you please post a pic of your wife's long hair.

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 6:08am
Awwww, how sweet of you Bob S to give me so many compliments at once! I am not offended by your concern. I had to cut it into the bob in June '03 because it was henna over platinum that made it that green color, and there was no removing it. I wore it around green for 6 months because I didn't want to cut (at least that let me save 3 extra inches), but then I just couldn't take it anymore. But other than the occasional highlighting on super small (1/8") and very few sections of hair, I don't color it anymore so that'll never happen again.

I do trim it frequently because I really want it to be blunt cut. When the ends start to get split and tangle they really annoy me. But I do it myself, and I only trim off 1/8" - 1/4" at a time (this is usually enough), and no more than once every 2 months, so I am still seeing growth. I've improved my haircare routine over what I did last year, so I think I'll be able to go 3 months or more now, I'll have to see.

I know I complain (it really IS like watching the grass grow!), but I'm not really frustrated by it, just impatient on occasion! And the situation is only improving because my goal is closer now than it has been anytime since June '03. So every month when I get my 1/2" spurt, you can know I'm happier than I was last month! Thanks again, and thanks for relaying your wife's hair journey (I bet her hair's just gawgeous!)

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 5:16pm
I just thought this might be the right place to post this since you all are in progress with your hair, as am I.
Do any of you guys know what I can do to give my hair a sort of "boost" in growth? I've been growing a steady 1 inch per month but I want to see if I can get it to 1.5 or maybe even 2, even if only for one month. Any tips? I've been maintains the no cones/laurel/laureth stuff since Jan. No snagging my hair, no hair dryers or flat irons, no coloring, no split ends, and I have been taking a multi-vitamin supplement with hair growing vitamins in it.
Help!?

-------------

Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 5:28pm
My opinion,

Whatever you're doing that's giving you that 1 inch per month just keep doing that and don't change it.

I doubt you're going to get more than that and boosting it might make things worse.

You don't want to make your hair grow faster than it should because then it might start getting thin spots.

Pretend this is a hair and each section of marks is one month of growth.

---------------------------------
The bottom parts are months that it grew normal and the top ones are the thin months.
What might happen is you go to do something with your hair later and your hair might break off at one of those weak spots.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 5:36pm
Thanks puplebubba, a good point I hadn't relized before.

-------------

Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 6:01pm
You're welcome.

I don't want to discourage you from trying. Just don't be in too much of a hurry.

1 inch per month is awesome. It really is. Just remember not to be upste if next month it's suddenly 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch. Things happen and it's not always good or bad. Remember, your hair grows the way it wants to not according to the calendar.

I hope you get at least 1/2 inch per month from now on.

Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 6:17pm
Purplebubba, I just wanted to know if using a shampoo formulated for hair growth would thin out/break my hair? It just sounded good because it had a lot of amino acids and I thought it might bonus just to make my hair healthier? It was called F.A.S.T.

-------------

Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 7:06pm
I wish I knew.

I mean who knows what that actually does if anything?

I doubt it would give you much more than you're already getting.

But I just don't have the knowledge to say yes or no.

It just scares me when people try to grow too fast. There's just too many factors involved in why hair grows an inch this month and only 1/4 next and 3/4 the following.

If that stuff is cheap and you see some Real reviews somewhere for it and not just the ones on the product site then maybe you should try it. But with you already getting 1 inch it might not be worth it.

Another thing to consider is what if you use that and you can't comb your hair or it's dry or something? You have all the issues of trying new products to consider with that. Is extra growth worth it if you have to have tangled hair? Or some sort of hair you can't deal with?
Also, some of those products make you keep taking them forever like Rogaine.

Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 9:25pm
thanks purplebubba. I'll look some reviews.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window