Print Page | Close Window

Your favorite shampoos?!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Teen Hair & Hairstyles
Forum Description: If its cool, if its hip, if its hot... Its here.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12557
Printed Date: May 28 2024 at 2:06pm

Topic: Your favorite shampoos?!
Posted By: dj727
Subject: Your favorite shampoos?!
Date Posted: July 28 2004 at 3:26pm
Hey! What are some of your favorite shampoo and conditioners? Thnx.

-------------
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!

Replies:
Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:48pm
--Finesse Moisturizing for dry or coarse hair
Leaves my coarse hair very soft. I think it has Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate though, and and contains a silk protein and a dimethicone ingredient for smoothness.. some hair may not like 'cone products though, especially fine hair types.

--Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo
not sure what this is good for.. I use it because it smells like Down To Earth bubblebath. I haven't studied the PMAS ingredients. Contains a lot of questionable herbal extracts that I'm not sure actually have any effect on hair. Gives me pretty generic results.

--Suave Professionals Humectant conditioner
--Suave Professionals BioBasics conditioner

Both of these Suave products give me salon-quality results for a buck fifty each 14.5 oz. Great detangling properties. The Humectant smells like coconut and the BioBasics smells like Tahitian Monoi (Tiare). They contain water-soluble silicone ingredients that supposedly require less clarifying (my porosity is high though... so this ingredient works best on Caucasian hair types probably. I clarify with apple cider vinegar once every two weeks. Also, curly-hairs will looooove both of these Suave conditioners for CO wash.)

Anais

straight, coarse, thick and sleek, dark-brown mid-back length hair. oily scalp.

Posted By: swt_hair
Date Posted: July 29 2004 at 4:47pm
i like the loreal vive one..
i think thats whats it called
the one with the orange bottle
i loooove it

Date Posted: July 29 2004 at 8:20pm
Cool. Jessica Biel has a commercial for Loreal Color Vive shampoo. Thats my fav commercial cuz Jessica Biel is in it. I love her!

-------------

Posted By: Samrk
Date Posted: July 30 2004 at 2:16pm
brilliant brunette shine release moisturizing shampoo, and brilliant brunette light reflecting conditioner! also sedal melanin UV conditioner!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 30 2004 at 10:32pm
I hope to try the new Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine pair.

But now my current favs are

Garnier Fructis Shampoo (doesn't matter which type, there is barely any ingredient difference)

L'Oreal VIVE Smooth Intense Conditioner (it really doesn't matter which conditioner you use from this line, they all have the necessary ingredients to make your hair smooth. Although the scent of each results in an "ofactory assault" quoted from a reviewer.)

John Frieda Brillient Brunette shampoos smell simply incredible. But I promised myself to stop the spending on my hair, soon to be chopped off.

Date Posted: July 31 2004 at 6:14am
If your asking why I asked this question is cuz Im going the buy shampoo today, and I wanted to know which were best and stuff. I wanna buy that L'Oreal Fresh Vive.

-------------

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:30am
Keeps your hair smelling fresh for days, or looking fresh? I don't notice a problem with my hair smelling weird, but if there's anything that'll keep it looking fresh so I didn't have to wash every other day to keep it from greasing and flaking up, that would be good.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Date Posted: August 02 2004 at 4:20pm
I got back from Wal*Mart. I ended up buying TRESemme shampoo and conditioner for dry damaged hair. I was gonna buy the L'Oreal Vive shampoo like I said, but its way expensive for such a little bottle.

-------------

Date Posted: August 02 2004 at 7:11pm
Depending on your location, TRESemme can be good or bad... some locations I've checked have a TRESemme variety that has SLES as the main surfactant (great) but some have a combination of the ammoniums. Check the ingredients: you'll want the TRESemme that has "sodium laureth sulfate" or "sodium lauryl ether sulfate"

Anais

Posted By: nygal
Date Posted: August 03 2004 at 9:57am
I switch between the suave biobasics shampoo and conditioner and the loreal vive smooth intense line. I really like the results with both because they make my hair really shiny and healthy looking. I don't look at ingredients too much because I've never really had many problems with my hair being dry, but that may be because when I blow dry, I only blow dry partially..just to get the main dampness out.

-------------
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright

Posted By: ballet dancer
Date Posted: August 03 2004 at 3:44pm
Hi, I'm currently useing mositure manic by bed head and like it alot.

Garnier Fructis is also good, the normal hair, anti-dandruff worked well, and the color one.

Lisa

Posted By: mizz_perfect442
Date Posted: August 03 2004 at 6:06pm
look out for this one in a green bottle or heads and shoulders tend to work its great my hair after i use either one is smooth,silky and soft.
which i lik

-------------

Date Posted: August 03 2004 at 9:47pm
By the "one in the green bottle", if you mean the Garnier Fructis it's a great shampoo with a very gentle salon-quality cleanser. Great recommendation!

Anais

Date Posted: August 04 2004 at 12:27am
I tried Garnier Fructis before, but it wasn't that good for me-- it made my hair feel harder somehow, and it looked flatter. Apparently anything in a green bottle isn't good for me, since I also don't care for Renewal 5x, or whatever they're calling it now.
I've been using the kind of Dove for fine, dyed hair lately, and it's all right, I guess. *shrugs* The thing I've tried I liked best so far was the Te Tao lotus, but that's like disappeared lately :-( , so I'm looking for something else. Not sure what I'll try next.

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2004 at 12:48am
Hi Kuroneko
Two questions for you:
1) Were you using both the S&C from Garnier Fructis? I understand many finehairs don't get good results from this brand.
2) Your sn sounds Japanese. Does it have a meaning? It's very pretty.

Anais Satin

Posted By: mizz_perfect442
Date Posted: August 04 2004 at 9:08am
yer thats the one and condisher and shampoo in one head and shoulders is also good as well.

from
Mizz P

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2004 at 11:55am
I used Garnier Frutis shampoo, and it made my feel like straw and it made my hair dry and itchy. I didnt like it. I had dandruff a couple months ago, so I used Head and Shoudlers <<< that gave me more dandruff than I already had! So I switched to Dove Intense Moisture shampoo and conditioner << good stuff! It got rid of the dandruff I used to have! :) I use so many shampoo's and conditioner's, including TRESemme, Dove, Super Straight Hair shampoo.

Anyone ever use Super Straight Hair shampoo?? I bought that at the Dollar Store last year, and Im finally using it! It works though!

Thnx for all the reply's to my thread! Keep 'em coming...lol.

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2004 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by dj727 dj727 wrote:

I used Garnier Frutis shampoo, and it made my feel like straw and it made my hair dry and itchy. I didnt like it. I had dandruff a couple months ago, so I used Head and Shoudlers <<< that gave me more dandruff than I already had! So I switched to Dove Intense Moisture shampoo and conditioner << good stuff! It got rid of the dandruff I used to have! :) I use so many shampoo's and conditioner's, including TRESemme, Dove, Super Straight Hair shampoo.

Anyone ever use Super Straight Hair shampoo?? I bought that at the Dollar Store last year, and Im finally using it! It works though!

Thnx for all the reply's to my thread! Keep 'em coming...lol.

That's funny about what you said about the head and shoulders. My husband said the same thing when he used it!

-------------
.....Steven Wright

Date Posted: August 05 2004 at 8:05am
LoL. It's True. But ya know, Im a 16/male. I just dyed my hair, and hair dye kills dandruff < cool.

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:14am
Originally posted by dj727 dj727 wrote:

LoL. It's True. But ya know, Im a 16/male. I just dyed my hair, and hair dye kills dandruff < cool.

That's funny! Well, he doesn't dye his hair. I think that head and shoulders is probably putting some "secret" ingredient in the shampoo so you feel that you have to buy some more to cure the dandruff. But, he changed to another brand (not sure which one) and it went away.

-------------
.....Steven Wright

Date Posted: August 05 2004 at 12:37pm
Some people don't react well to salicylic acid or whichever anti-inflammatory they put into Head and Shoulders. Dandruff shampoos usually contain some sort of medicated ingredient to control the flaking. Head and Shoulders also contains a very harsh cleanser... sorry I keep stressing this cleanser thing... It's a big issue.

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: August 06 2004 at 12:16am
No fair, I've dyed my hair just about every imaginable shade and it's never done anything for dandruff :-( . I get none of the luck!
I used both shampoo and normal conditioner from Fructis, but not the deep conditioner, since I don't have problems with dryness anymore. It smells nice, but made my hair feel so hard I only bothered to use it a couple of times. Most shampoos, even if they don't make my hair any fluffier, at least make it silky soft, so a shampoo that can't even do that isn't worth trying out for long.
*shrugs* It's kind of lame, just "black cat". A lot of my nicknames are cat-names, because it relates to my real name, Katherine.

-------------

Date Posted: August 06 2004 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

No fair, I've dyed my hair just about every imaginable shade and it's never done anything for dandruff :-( . I get none of the luck!
I used both shampoo and normal conditioner from Fructis, but not the deep conditioner, since I don't have problems with dryness anymore. It smells nice, but made my hair feel so hard I only bothered to use it a couple of times. Most shampoos, even if they don't make my hair any fluffier, at least make it silky soft, so a shampoo that can't even do that isn't worth trying out for long.
*shrugs* It's kind of lame, just "black cat". A lot of my nicknames are cat-names, because it relates to my real name, Katherine.

Hi Kuroneko..first of all, I like your real name. And, I like your user name, too. Anything, in my book, that is cat related is a good thing! But, anyway, when you say that Garnier makes your hair feel "hard", what exactly do you mean? You said that you don't have problems with dryness anymore, so I don't know what you mean by hard. Thanks!

Kathy

-------------
.....Steven Wright

Date Posted: August 06 2004 at 5:44pm
I used Garnier Frutis shampoo. It made my hair feel rough and dry <<<< maybe thats what Kuroneko meant. But I dont use Garnier shampoo no more. I sometimes use Dove Intense Moisture shampoo and conditioner cuz sometimes I straighten and blow dry my hair << thats why I need Intense Moisture.

It sounds weird cuz Im 16/male. 'And your probably thinkin for a male he straightens and dyes his hair!'
I sometimes straighten my hair cuz the way I style it and I have waves and curls, so I straighten them. And I only dyed my hair about 3 times cuz I needed a change.

What a boring life I have.

Date Posted: August 06 2004 at 8:03pm
I bet "hard" hair is just hair that feels plastic, like barbie or doll hair.
Hey dj727, lots of guys do things with their hair that is perceived as "feminine". I respect you for having the guts to come out and tell everyone. Don't be afraid to style your hair if it makes you feel good about yourself : )

Anais

Date Posted: August 07 2004 at 2:53am
I guess "plastic" is a better explanation than anything I could've come up with. It's just that most things make my hair silky, and Fructis is one of the few things I've tried that makes it feel closer to wig hair instead, so it wasn't worth using.
It's fine for men to dye or straighten or whatever they like with their hair, now. There are even a lot of companies starting to market dyes especially to men, so you're definitely not the only one doing it. There's no reason to feel self-conscious :-) .

-------------

Date Posted: August 07 2004 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I guess "plastic" is a better explanation than anything I could've come up with. It's just that most things make my hair silky, and Fructis is one of the few things I've tried that makes it feel closer to wig hair instead, so it wasn't worth using.
It's fine for men to dye or straighten or whatever they like with their hair, now. There are even a lot of companies starting to market dyes especially to men, so you're definitely not the only one doing it. There's no reason to feel self-conscious :-) .

Now, wig hair, that I understand!

-------------
.....Steven Wright

Posted By: IcyFire
Date Posted: August 17 2004 at 7:02am
Is no one going to mention Pantene's Soft&Smooth Line? By the way, I'm a guy, and I absolutely could not live without my conditioner by my side. lol. Anyway, I love Pantene's Smoothin Line. The conditioner really coats my hair and leaves it smoother so that when I straighten it, I get less damage.

Date Posted: August 17 2004 at 8:13am
Finally! A guy that uses conditioner and straightens his hair just like me!

Posted By: IcyFire
Date Posted: August 17 2004 at 1:31pm
heck yea! I would not be going outside with my hair in its natural state - its just horrible. I have to soften it and straighten 3 times a week.

-------------
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: September 01 2004 at 1:58pm
matrix sleek.look

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Posted By: gizmo
Date Posted: September 02 2004 at 10:00am
I like the TRESemme shampoos. Nice and cheap and do their job.

I've tried more expensive products like Redken, Sebastian, and Nexxus and none of them did anything more for my hair than the cheap brands do.

I avoid the VO5 line since it does the whole plastic hair feel for me. It must have the harshest ingredients known to man in there, because my hair is really resilient to drying products like bleach, colorants, etc...

-------------

Posted By: ae_boi
Date Posted: September 03 2004 at 4:03pm
i use salon selectives "Clean Slate"

luv it!

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2004 at 9:29am
I use Shwarzkopf Supersoft shampoo with conditioner in it. its really good and your hair is so soft and shiny when you use it. i have straight hair but it is permed it makes my hair soft and shiny whatever it looks likes! I love it!

tinna

ps its da purple one!

Date Posted: September 05 2004 at 9:33am
i use shwarzkopf supersoft shampoo. its really good and makes your hair super soft and shiny! i love it!

tinna xx

ps its da 1 in da purple bottle!

Date Posted: January 21 2005 at 8:12pm
I dont really use alot of shampoo im African American and alot of people i know are into a "no poo" thing we they only use conditionor
my favorite is pantene daily moisture renewal, or garnier 3 min masque

I also like the pantene women of color conditionor

Print Page | Close Window