Print Page | Close Window

liberty spikes

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Teen Hair & Hairstyles
Forum Description: If its cool, if its hip, if its hot... Its here.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12667
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 5:54pm

Topic: liberty spikes
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: liberty spikes
Date Posted: November 05 2004 at 8:36pm
I have been trying to do liberty spike to my hair..... IT IS SOOOOO HARD!! My hair is about 13 or 14 inches long.... and I don't want to cut it...... I am also a girl so if any one knows what I should do to make them stay up that would be helpful..... I don't want my hair to have any damage either....... CAN ANY ONE HELP ME?!?!?! ....... OH does glue really f*** your hair up?? E*mail me if you have any suggestions thanks!!

Replies:
Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: November 06 2004 at 3:37pm
Just bumping this thread up for responses. Maybe someone else can help you out with styling, because I have no friggin clue! Sorry hon.

But I can tell you one thing, glue contains lots of chemicals that might break down proteins in your hair, or otherwise cause dryness and frayed/split ends.

Posted By: llama_man666
Date Posted: November 13 2004 at 3:24am
at the base of each spike use alot of strong ice gell, then hairspray the rest.

-------------

Posted By: The Asian Invasion
Date Posted: November 13 2004 at 9:09am
The last guy I knew that used hair glue got his head smacked by a friend as a joke, but his hair broke off, and he started bleeding. It was really unusual. So I wouldn't recommend it.

I've heard of a way, but it will cause damage in the long run. Use a non-flamable hair gel, and gel it into the spikes. Then you can blowdry or straighten them upwards to hold them better. Make one spike at a time and blow dry each one right after you spike it.

-------------

Posted By: Daniela
Date Posted: December 06 2004 at 8:13pm
holy ****, your hair is****in' long!!!
well, whenever i do liberty spikes, i usually make sure a) my hair is completely straight and b) i have enough hairspray
i like to use tresemme..the super hold kind...but since your hair is longer, you could try using rave or aquanet....you could also use gellatin, if you want your hair to stay up longer.
for hairspray: hold up the spike with your hand and spray it..concentrating on the roots...then, run your fingers through it until the hairspray is completely absorbed by your hair and there are no little drops of spray...then, blowdry each spike for about 30-50 secs.
for gelatin: mix about 3 packs of gelatin (you could get some at the supermarket) and mix it with a little water...hold up the hair you're going to spike and put the geltain on there and blowdry...this'll keep your hair up for a long time and is a bit harder to wash out though..

Print Page | Close Window