Print Page | Close Window

Searching desparately for advise on a new style

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12790
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 12:23am

Topic: Searching desparately for advise on a new style
Posted By: diana
Subject: Searching desparately for advise on a new style
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I (like everyone else with curly hair) has been fighting my hair all my life and I am seeking advise on what to try next. I have fairly long (past my shoulders) fine, thick, wavy hair. I have tried all kinds of cuts from really short to very long but have not found one I can manage and that looks professional and is easy to maintain. I prefer it long so I can put it up when I go out etc; but when it is long I have a hard time keeping it neat looking for work so I end up cliping it up with barettes or a head band or something rather non-executive looking. Most stylists end up giving me the same hair cut because they can't manage it either. They usually layer the top at about four inches with longer layers down the back. That helps give me more volume on top (otherwise it just goes flat due to the weight) but then I have to blow dry it all the time and God forbid it should be a humid day or my bangs will shrink up and look like a brillo pad on my forehead while the rest of my hair is long. Does any one have any recomendations for a new cut or style?

Replies: