Print Page | Close Window

Facts or Myths??!! about hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12815
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 3:49am

Topic: Facts or Myths??!! about hair
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Facts or Myths??!! about hair
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
First of all, ive heard so many things about how to care for your hair im confused.whats up with the Batallia Brush? how does that differ from other brushes?? and why cant u brush your hair when its wet whats the next alternative?? and whats the difference between washing hair in warm water vs. cold water? and is true if one uses too many silicone products in their hair u can permantently seal the product in your hairshaft? (which in turn ruins your hair and it has to be cut out) I also read that a product: larueth/laurel sodium which is in about virtually every shampoo(which causes the lathering affect) can damage your hair and scalp even make one to lose their hair. What kind of shampoo conditioner and styling aids should i purchase that does not contain those chemicals?? also one more thing i use to have very course curly frizzie hard to control hair, i used to routinely cut it in a medium layered style. About fours years ago i began to quit cutting and let it grow out. now i have hair down to the middle part of my back my only problem is: i love the straight look and i want to achieve that style how can i managed to create that style without chemically damaging the shaft or cuticle. ive noticed also that since i grew my hair out the curliness and courseness has diminished it seems softer and more manageable. ( my friend says its due to weight of my hair) and also when i put my hair in a braid ( right after shampooing when its damp) and let it dry that way ive noticed when i remove the braid the crown down to my shoulders is completely straight and soo shiney and silky the ends remain wavy but frizz free. I wished i could get that style without having to braid it any tips??

Replies: