Print Page | Close Window

Cut my long hair.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12816
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 6:46am

Topic: Cut my long hair.
Posted By: linda
Subject: Cut my long hair.
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
My hair is extremly long and it is natuaral waved. My hairdresser told me to cut it shorter, so that my hair, which is a bit unhealthy in the moment, could recover. What do you think, have I to cut my hair very short, so my hairdresser told me, or has their to be only a slight cut. Please give me an advice Regards Linda

Replies:
Posted By: leo
I love longhaired women, so I tel you to keep your hair long. If you want you can e-mail me (leo.d@rtmol.it) and we can discuss about it. Love from Italy, leo.

-------------
carpe diem

Posted By: Andrea
I think every hairdreeser on the planet has been programmed to tell every woman with long hair to cut it. My shoulder length hair was always getting a one inch chop when I said "only a trim". My husband has always wanted me to grow my hair long and after all of the "trims" from my hairdresser, I decided that was it . My husband has french braided and done french rolls and curled my hair for years, so I decided he could also trim the ends of my hairtoo. It has been over a year now, and my hair is down to the middle of my back and I get more compliments on my hair than ever before and my husband is extatic. I know hair is growing down to my waist without any questions. I hope this may be some encouragement for you. Good luck!

-------------
Andrea

Posted By: brendan
Linda, only cut your hair if you feel your're at the pint of no return. Don't cut it just to make some stylist who thinks they know which style is best for you screw it up by giving you what you don't want or need. This is important. What do you want? Hopefully you will keep your long hair (how long is extremely long?) If I can help you, E-mail me at odonnellb@nima.com. Good luck, Brendan

-------------
brendan

Posted By: Itzel
Hi!If your hair is in bad shape, my advice would be to cut it BEFORE it gets even worse. Brush your hair for about 5 minutes, then take a look at it. How long would you need to take off in order to eliminateany split ends and unhealthy hair? When you have decided, ask your hairstylist to cut less than what you've calculated (eg.: if you think she should cut 3 inches, tell her to cut 2, that way you're keeping her from cutting too much). If you've found a hairdresser you trust (which doesn't seam to be the case), you can simply ask her to cut off what's "tired"...Good luck!

-------------
«On ne naît pas femme: on le
devient» -Simone de Beauvoir