Print Page | Close Window

How Can I Convince My Boyfriend?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12877
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 7:56pm

Topic: How Can I Convince My Boyfriend?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: How Can I Convince My Boyfriend?
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
HELP. I have waist length hair and I am really tired of it. My boyfriend loves it and is very upset that I am even thinking of cutting it. I know he enjoys it...but it is my hair and I have to live with it every day.Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can tell him to convince him that I don't want to cut my hair to hurt him...but just to please myself.Hurry...I want a new shorter do for Christmas.Joan

Replies:
Posted By: Alan
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
> HELP. I have waist length hair and I am really> tired of it. My boyfriend loves it and is very> upset that I am even thinking of cutting it. I> know he enjoys it...but it is my hair and I have> to live with it every day.> Does anyone have any suggestions on what> I can tell him to convince him that I don't want> to cut my hair to hurt him...but just to please> myself.> Hurry...I want a new shorter do for Christmas.>> Joan

-------------

Posted By: Tom
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
Joan I have one question,how long has it taken you to grow the hair that you have now cut to a pitaful length??? Was it not a lot of time and effort wasted because of a whim ?> Tom

-------------
:)

Posted By: Lisa
>Dear Joan,I have long hair and I love it, and I would never cut it, but not every woman feels the same way I do. It is your hair, and it is your prerogative to do whatever you wish to do with it. Your boyfriend doesn't have the right to dictate to you how long you hair should be. I understand that he enjoys your hair long, but I don't think cutting it should be a serious issue. Why do you have to find a way to explain it to him or convince him in the first place? You have to do whatever feels right to you, regardless.

-------------

Posted By: Jason
> HELP. I have waist length hair and I am really> tired of it. My boyfriend loves it and is very> upset that I am even thinking of cutting it. I> know he enjoys it...but it is my hair and I have> to live with it every day.> Does anyone have any suggestions on what> I can tell him to convince him that I don't want> to cut my hair to hurt him...but just to please> myself.> Hurry...I want a new shorter do for Christmas.>> JoanIf you are tired of it cause it is a lot of work, perhaps keep it and have your boyfriend wash, brush, style etc. (if he enjoys it that much). or if you keep it long as a favour for him, perhap he can do a favour for you!! But if you are truly determined to change styles, them let him know it your final decision and that hair can always grow back!!

-------------

Posted By: Ashley
>> what should I DO WITH MY HAIR IT'S BREAKING OFF BECAUSE OF THE BRAIDS THAT I HAVE BEEN GETTING ,MY HAIR IS GETTING THIN AND VERY BALD WHAT COULD I USE ON MY HAIR I DON'T LIKE IT THE WAY IT LOOKS NOW IS THERE ANY PRODUCTS OUT THERE THAT WOULD MAKE IT GROW AGAIN BEFORE MY MAN FINDS OUT WAY I CAN'T LET HIM SEE ME THIS WAY HELP PLEASE !!! ASHLEYI> I have long hair and I love it, and Iw ould> never cut it, but not every woman feels the same> way I do. It is your hair, and it is your prerogative> to do whatever you wish to do with it. Your boyfriend> doesn't have the right to dictate to you how long> you hair should be. I understand that he enjoys> your hair long, but I don't think cutting it should> be a serious issue. Why do you have to find a> way to explain it to him or convince him in the> first place? You have to do whatever feels right> to you, regardless.

-------------

Posted By: Jess
JoanIf you really don't want long hair anymore, why not enjoy the cut with your boyfriend by letting him do the cutting. By doing this, both of you can enjoy trying different styles and doing something you both may enjoy. As a lover of long hair, I understand his feeling, but it is your hair afterall, so try doing the cutting together and see what happens?Jess>> Dear Joan,> I have long hair and I love it, and I would> never cut it, but not every woman feels the same> way I do. It is your hair, and it is your prerogative> to do whatever you wish to do with it. Your boyfriend> doesn't have the right to dictate to you how long> you hair should be. I understand that he enjoys> your hair long, but I don't think cutting it should> be a serious issue. Why do you have to find a> way to explain it to him or convince him in the> first place? You have to do whatever feels right> to you, regardless.

-------------