Print Page | Close Window

"Don't go shopping for..." book

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12907
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 7:55am

Topic: "Don't go shopping for..." book
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: "Don't go shopping for..." book
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:22am
So besides not getting any warm fuzzies about your hair products from Paula Begoun, has anyone found the book "Don't Go Shopping For Hair Care Products Without Me" useful?

Replies:
Posted By: KAREN
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
June,I have reviewed this book in the past (See the Books section of this site) and discovered (while reading the book) from various sources that Paula DID not actually try most of the products that she reviews.She had staff members give their opinions. Also...she trashes Aveda....and I have it on a reliable source that she uses Aveda products on her hair.So basically...as my book review says.....this a book to take with a grain of salt.. I bought it and have already traded it on at the Half Price Books outlet here in town.Karen

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Posted By: maggie
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
June....Karen has written a complete review of this book. I actually read her review (Books section) before I decided to buy the book. I looked at the book at Barnes & Noble and Karen was right. This book is not worth the money and seems to point you to low quality products. I am glad I read Karen's review BEFORE I wasted my money.Regards,Maggie

-------------