Print Page | Close Window

Vegetarian Diet

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13033
Printed Date: May 14 2024 at 1:52pm

Topic: Vegetarian Diet
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Vegetarian Diet
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:30am
Hello,I am a diabetic and have recently becoome a vegetarian. I feel so much more healthy than I ever have! But.... I was just wondering if not eating meat will have an impact on my hair? I still have all the essintal minerals and vitamins so I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem?-Robin

Replies:
Posted By: Clare
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:30am
> Hello,> I am a diabetic and have recently becoome> a vegetarian. I feel so much more healthy than> I ever have! But.... I was just wondering if not> eating meat will have an impact on my hair? I> still have all the essintal minerals and vitamins> so I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem?> -Robin Hi Robin,I don't eat meat and I have not for several years now, and there has been no negative effect on my hair. If anything, its healthier, but the two are not necessarily correlated. But, as we are finding out, people really don't need very much protein to meet our daily requirement(most of us eat too much), and those needs can be filled from other sources than meat. Even a vegan (eats no animal products, including dairy or eggs) may have to work a little harder to meet those requirements, but protein deficiencies are rare, esp. in the USA. If you eat no meat, you may want to supplement B vitamins, esp. B-12. These are obtainable from plant sources, but in some more "off the wall" foods such as nutritional yeast or brewers yeast. In my opinion, a vegetarian is healthier for you and the planet. Good Luck!!

-------------
Clare