Print Page | Close Window

My worst fear has been realized! (long)

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13092
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 11:36am

Topic: My worst fear has been realized! (long)
Posted By: KAREN
Subject: My worst fear has been realized! (long)
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:34am
Dear Friends,Today has with a doubt been the worst day of my life. After missing my usual trim on the 25th (new moon), I decided to get a trim and try out a new "long hair stylist" in the area. I should have known better...I showed up at the appointed time and proceeded to explain to the stylist that I only wanted the customary 1/16" off the tips of my hair. I made a point to explain that I had been growing my long hair for years and that under no circumstances was it to be cut more than the 1/16". The stylist (who shall rename nameless at this point due to possible legal action) seemed to smirk, but I wrote it off as an overactive imagination. After all, she came highly recommended.After taking my hair out of the loose bun I had worn into the shop, she proceeded to brush it out. She commented several times on the color, length, and thickness. After brushing it out, she draped it over the back of the chair and began cutting what I though was going to be a maximum of 1/16 of an inch. I should mention that I could not see the ends of my hair, only down as far my shoulders due to the placement of the mirror and the length of my hair. Also, since my hair was draped over the back of the chair I could not feel the weight of my hair or any tugging.The stylist was crouched down and out of sight as well for the duration of the trim, which took approximately 30-45 seconds. After she stood up, she said something like "this suits you better I think" and turned my chair around to better face the mirror. I could not believe my eyes! My once waist-length hair had been chopped off to my shoulders. I felt as though I was going to have a heart attack right there in the chair - I started gasping for breath and my hands flew up as if to protect the hair that was no longer there. I started screaming obscenities at her (highly unusual for those who know me) and ran out of the shop. I don't even remember the trip back home, I was certainly in no condition to drive.If only this was a dream, but reality has slowly sunk in. My long, blonde hair which was once just below my waist is now a short blunt cut to just below my shoulders. The cut is not even; I can only assume due to the haste with which the stylist was cutting my hair. Before the day is over I may go to another stylist yet again to try to even out the cut. By the looks of it this will take it to above my shoulders - for the first time in many, many years.Please, please let this be a warning to you all. Know your stylist and don't take any chances! My one indiscretion has destroyed years of work, and for nothing.At this stage, it is uncertain if I will continue to run the Hair Boutique site. It is just too painful, as I'm sure many of you will understand.

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Replies:
Posted By: Clare
Dear Karen,Wow!! I can't believe it!! What was that person THINKING? Words can't really describe how I felt when I read your post, just disbelief!! I am really sorry to hear that this happened to you.Sincerely, CLare> Dear Friends,> Today has with a doubt been the worst day> of my life. After missing my usual trim on the> 25th (new moon), I decided to get a trim and try> out a new "long hair stylist" in the> area. I should have known better...> I showed up at the appointed time and proceeded> to explain to the stylist that I only wanted the> customary 1/16" off the tips of my hair.> I made a point to explain that I had been growing> my long hair for years and that under no circumstances> was it to be cut more than the 1/16". The> stylist (who shall rename nameless at this point> due to possible legal action) seemed to smirk,> but I wrote it off as an overactive imagination.> After all, she came highly recommended.> After taking my hair out of the loose bun> I had worn into the shop, she proceeded to brush> it out. She commented several times on the color,> length, and thickness. After brushing it out,> she draped it over the back of the chair and began> cutting what I though was going to be a maximum> of 1/16 of an inch. I should mention that I could> not see the ends of my hair, only down as far> my shoulders due to the placement of the mirror> and the length of my hair. Also, since my hair> was draped over the back of the chair I could> not feel the weight of my hair or any tugging.>> The stylist was crouched down and out of> sight as well for the duration of the trim, which> took approximately 30-45 seconds. After she stood> up, she said something like "this suits you> better I think" and turned my chair around> to better face the mirror. I could not believe> my eyes! My once waist-length hair had been chopped> off to my shoulders. I felt as though I was going> to have a heart attack right there in the chair> - I started gasping for breath and my hands flew> up as if to protect the hair that was no longer> there. I started screaming obscenities at her> (highly unusual for those who know me) and ran> out of the shop. I don't even remember the trip> back home, I was certainly in no condition to> drive.> If only this was a dream, but reality has> slowly sunk in. My long, blonde hair which was> once just below my waist is now a short blunt> cut to just below my shoulders. The cut is not> even; I can only assume due to the haste with> which the stylist was cutting my hair. Before> the day is over I may go to another stylist yet> again to try to even out the cut. By the looks> of it this will take it to above my shoulders> - for the first time in many, many years.> Please, please let this be a warning to you> all. Know your stylist and don't take any chances!> My one indiscretion has destroyed years of work,> and for nothing.> At this stage, it is uncertain if I will> continue to run the Hair Boutique site. It is> just too painful, as I'm sure many of you will> understand.>

-------------
Clare

Posted By: KAREN
> Dear Karen,> Wow!! I can't believe it!! What was that> person THINKING? Words can't really describe how> I felt when I read your post, just disbelief!!> I am really sorry to hear that this happened to> you.> Sincerely, CLareClare,Thank you for your concern. I am still in shock, knowing that this has happened to me. I have no idea what the stylist was thinking, perhaps she was envious I don't know. I suppose that I should have stayed and spoken with her rather than running out as I did, but my emotions took over. I do have an appointment with an attorney tomorrow morning, who has advised me not to have anything more done to my hair until photos are taken at her office as evidence. So for now I must walk around like this as a constant reminder of how my hair was butchered.

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Posted By: Karen Shelton
This post by "Karen" is a hoax. The person who posted this is using my email address and my name...but it is not from me...Karen Shelton.Please disregard it.Jeff and I have traced the IP address of the sender and we will be taking the appropriate actions.Sorry if this upset anyone needlessly.Regards,Karen Shelton Webmaster> Dear Friends,> Today has with a doubt been the worst day> of my life. After missing my usual trim on the> 25th (new moon), I decided to get a trim and try> out a new "long hair stylist" in the> area. I should have known better...> I showed up at the appointed time and proceeded> to explain to the stylist that I only wanted the> customary 1/16" off the tips of my hair.> I made a point to explain that I had been growing> my long hair for years and that under no circumstances> was it to be cut more than the 1/16". The> stylist (who shall rename nameless at this point> due to possible legal action) seemed to smirk,> but I wrote it off as an overactive imagination.> After all, she came highly recommended.> After taking my hair out of the loose bun> I had worn into the shop, she proceeded to brush> it out. She commented several times on the color,> length, and thickness. After brushing it out,> she draped it over the back of the chair and began> cutting what I though was going to be a maximum> of 1/16 of an inch. I should mention that I could> not see the ends of my hair, only down as far> my shoulders due to the placement of the mirror> and the length of my hair. Also, since my hair> was draped over the back of the chair I could> not feel the weight of my hair or any tugging.>> The stylist was crouched down and out of> sight as well for the duration of the trim, which> took approximately 30-45 seconds. After she stood> up, she said something like "this suits you> better I think" and turned my chair around> to better face the mirror. I could not believe> my eyes! My once waist-length hair had been chopped> off to my shoulders. I felt as though I was going> to have a heart attack right there in the chair> - I started gasping for breath and my hands flew> up as if to protect the hair that was no longer> there. I started screaming obscenities at her> (highly unusual for those who know me) and ran> out of the shop. I don't even remember the trip> back home, I was certainly in no condition to> drive.> If only this was a dream, but reality has> slowly sunk in. My long, blonde hair which was> once just below my waist is now a short blunt> cut to just below my shoulders. The cut is not> even; I can only assume due to the haste with> which the stylist was cutting my hair. Before> the day is over I may go to another stylist yet> again to try to even out the cut. By the looks> of it this will take it to above my shoulders> - for the first time in many, many years.> Please, please let this be a warning to you> all. Know your stylist and don't take any chances!> My one indiscretion has destroyed years of work,> and for nothing.> At this stage, it is uncertain if I will> continue to run the Hair Boutique site. It is> just too painful, as I'm sure many of you will> understand.>

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)