Print Page | Close Window

Naturelle's AURA

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13101
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 1:44am

Topic: Naturelle's AURA
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Naturelle's AURA
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Has anyone ever heard of this line of products before? I came across them in Sally's Beauty Supply today. I went in looking for jojoba oil treatments, and saw a line of beige bottles that kind of resemble Aveda. What really caught my eye is all the shampoo's have just about the same name, the conditioner is Cherry Almond Bark.. and the shampoo that is suppose to be Shampure, smells exactly like it. The hair spray is Witch Hazel. It advertises Aromatherapy on the label. I had to ask the clerk about it, and she said it is a line that has been developed to take Aveda's place on the market since Aveda does not distribute through any store. I wonder if it would work as well and it's half the price..tho, still higher than the usual better brands. 7oz of the Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner was almost $7. They even have a jojoba oil treatment. Which impressed me because most hot oil treatments do not use jojoba oil. Anyone else have any info on this line? I am crazy about Aveda and do not want to give up the benefits tho this line is tempting because of cost reduction.. Cher

Replies:
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Hi Cher,That is very interesting that you found the Aura products. I was reading a book that has lots of beauty tips and they kept referring to the Aura products but then they sounded exactly like Aveda. That was so interesting.So I was at Sally Beauty and they told me that Aura was a generic brand for Aveda. Can that really be true? It is possible. I don't know if Aveda would confirm or deny this. I am not sure who would.The other interesting fact is that Estee Lauder bought Aveda about 9 months ago and they are pouring lots of money into promoting the Aveda products in big press ads.This Aura/Aveda question is certainly worth getting a definitive answer too.Thanks for mentioning it.KarenPS. Still looking forward to your web photo. :-)> Has anyone ever heard of this line of products> before? I came across them in Sally's Beauty Supply> today. I went in looking for jojoba oil treatments,> and saw a line of beige bottles that kind of resemble> Aveda. What really caught my eye is all the shampoo's> have just about the same name, the conditioner> is Cherry Almond Bark.. and the shampoo that is> suppose to be Shampure, smells exactly like it.> The hair spray is Witch Hazel. It advertises Aromatherapy> on the label. I had to ask the clerk about it,> and she said it is a line that has been developed> to take Aveda's place on the market since Aveda> does not distribute through any store. I wonder> if it would work as well and it's half the price..tho,> still higher than the usual better brands. 7oz> of the Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner was almost> $7. They even have a jojoba oil treatment. Which> impressed me because most hot oil treatments do> not use jojoba oil. Anyone else have any info> on this line? I am crazy about Aveda and do not> want to give up the benefits tho this line is> tempting because of cost reduction.. Cher

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)