Print Page | Close Window

Aura Test - Part 1

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13147
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 12:09pm

Topic: Aura Test - Part 1
Posted By: KAREN
Subject: Aura Test - Part 1
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:39am
Friday, June 12, 1998Today Jeff and I went to a Sally Beauty store at lunch time and bought Aura which is supposed to be a "knock off" of Aveda.Jeff and I bought the following items:1 bottle of Aura Pure Organic Shampoo (which is supposed to be similar to Aveda Shampure) 20 oz at $4.99 1 bottle of Aura Blue Malva Shampoo (which is supposed to be compatible with Aveda Blue Malva)16 oz at $4.99 1 bottle of Aura Cherry Almond Bark Revitalizing Conditioner - 7oz at 6.99.Total bill plus tax...............$18.37.I have not compared the exact ingredient yet but I will tonight and write up a comparison.The interesting thing is that the products smell very similar. It is shocking how much the Blue Malva and Cherry Almond Bark smell like the Aveda.Shopping at Sally Beauty was less than pleasant even though we went to a better part of town. The shop just has a trashy dirty feel to it and the products are in many cases what you could buy in grocery stores. The Aura was next to the Mane & Tail which a friend used until she starting losing hair. Oh well.Stay tuned. I will shampoo my hair tonight and let you know the results of the first application. Jeff has also promised to test it so we get two opinions.Karen

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Replies: