Print Page | Close Window

Aveda's Madder Root

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13224
Printed Date: June 17 2024 at 1:09am

Topic: Aveda's Madder Root
Posted By: Lori
Subject: Aveda's Madder Root
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
This message is for anyone who uses the Aveda Madder Root conditioner. I have light red hair-so light some people call it blonde- and I want to bring out (and add) red to it. I've been using henna, but I want to go natural. Does it really make a difference? How long does it take to add color? And for those with light red hair, how often do you find you need to use it? I really like Ouidad's line because my hair is curly and I am wondering if using the madder root conditioner twice a week and using Ouidad the rest of the time will work. I really hate the thought of "coloring" it and would like other options. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Lori

Replies:
Posted By: Noreen
Hi Lori,I use Aveda's Madder Root conditioner. My hair is a dark blonde with red highlights naturally, so I switch off between the Madder Root and Camomille. I can see a difference with just one application, though the people I work with don't usually comment until the second or third application. I leave it on my hair for two minutes, but if you leave it on longer the color will be deeper. I suppose if you used the Madder Root shampoo also, the color would be even more noticeable. Remember, the Madder Root conditioner does have henna in it, so if you are trying to completely cut out henna this may not be the solution for you. You also might want to see if you can get sample size bottles of Aveda to test it first. Please keep us informed of how you like it if you do decide to try it. Take care and Happy 4th of July....Noreen...> This message is for anyone who uses the Aveda> Madder Root conditioner. I have light red hair-so> light some people call it blonde- and I want to> bring out (and add) red to it. I've been using> henna, but I want to go natural. Does it really> make a difference? How long does it take to add> color? And for those with light red hair, how> often do you find you need to use it? I really> like Ouidad's line because my hair is curly and> I am wondering if using the madder root conditioner> twice a week and using Ouidad the rest of the> time will work. I really hate the thought of "coloring"> it and would like other options. Any information> would be appreciated. Thanks, Lori

-------------

Posted By: Sarah K
Hi Lori,I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your review of the Ouidad. It has inspired me to try it.Thanks,Sarah> This message is for anyone who uses the Aveda> Madder Root conditioner. I have light red hair-so> light some people call it blonde- and I want to> bring out (and add) red to it. I've been using> henna, but I want to go natural. Does it really> make a difference? How long does it take to add> color? And for those with light red hair, how> often do you find you need to use it? I really> like Ouidad's line because my hair is curly and> I am wondering if using the madder root conditioner> twice a week and using Ouidad the rest of the> time will work. I really hate the thought of "coloring"> it and would like other options. Any information> would be appreciated. Thanks, Lori

-------------
Sarah

Posted By: Lori
> Hi Lori,> I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed> your review of the Ouidad. It has inspired me> to try it.> Thanks,> SarahSarah, I'm glad to hear you liked my review. I hope it works as well for you. Please keep us posted on your results. Take care, Lori

-------------

Posted By: Ally
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:47am
Lori--Just curious: Have you tried Bixa or Annatto (the other reds in the line)?I use Annatto to keep up the color in my hair, which is naturally dark blonde but dyed dark red. I get the best results when I...1) leave it in at least 5 minutes, and 2) use it every day. (The color "builds up.")Good luck! Ally

-------------