Print Page | Close Window

Blow Dryer Uprising?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13239
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 3:59am

Topic: Blow Dryer Uprising?
Posted By: Ally
Subject: Blow Dryer Uprising?
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:47am
I'd like to read other opinions about what I consider a ridiculous trend in hair care: Every hair, beauty, and fashion magazine I read presumes that no modern woman would leave the house without undergoing a 25-minute "blow out." They suggest that it's essential to a polished look and part of good grooming. All the styling articles are about how to straighten and smooth your hair by stretching it (!) over a brush and blasting it with a dryer.The latest Hair Style Guides suggest blow drying even for the most natural-looking styles. In one "how-to" story, they straightened the model's naturally wavy hair with a blow dryer before setting it on jumbo rollers to create (guess what?) waves! Why? I'd always heard that blow dryers--along with curling and crimping irons--were murder on the hair and should only be used sparingly.My stylist is horrified when I want to walk out of the salon with my wet hair in a braid. (She blows hers out daily.) But I don't want heat-fried hair. Am I just out of the loop?Ally

Replies: