Print Page | Close Window

HELP! Need straight hair!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13496
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 10:08am

Topic: HELP! Need straight hair!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: HELP! Need straight hair!
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:07am
Hi all. I need help with my hairstyling. I've got short black hair between fine and medium type. It's kind of wavy and I hate it! I want straight hair with some volume. EVERY morning I use Clairol hair protectant and Kerasilk conditioner ('cause it's got the frizzies, just a bit.) and blow dry it all the time. If I just let my hair dry naturally, it gets so wavy and curly that I look like a monster (a geek to be precise!)! I use a round brush to do this. This makes the hair straight, but just for a bit, and if there's the slightest humidity, or it gets even just a little wet, it curls up and looks really bad. Even with wind, it gets blown out of place and I look like I put my finger in an outlet! It's only curly at the front and top, the places where I blow dry the most, and I'm starting to thin in those places. Is there anything I can do to get the straight hair with some volume I want? I've tried hot oil treatments, special conditioners, gels, sprays, mousses, etc., but they feel like an icky weight on my hair (especially when I sweat) and they don't work well with me. Pretty much every day, I have bad hair days, so I use a cap to cover that up! Is there any way to keep my hair STRAIGHT, even on humid days (I live in Washington DC!!), or when it gets wet, just so it won't look like a cat's been playing in it? Preferably, I would like to stop blow drying and not use any chemicals, because they don't agree with me. Getting it trimmed every month works, but just for a few days. :( Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies: