Print Page | Close Window

Frustrated Growing My Hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13548
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 11:26am

Topic: Frustrated Growing My Hair
Posted By: Alice
Subject: Frustrated Growing My Hair
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
Does anyone have any tips on getting through that frustrating tickling-the-neck won't-do-anything stage of growing out hair? Everytime I try to grow it out I get insane when it hits the mid-neck area. Any suggestions?

Replies:
Posted By: Ally
Alice--You're at the stage where a lot of women get fed up and cut their hair--and then have to live through it all over again. The mid-neck-to-shoulder phase gave me the most bad hair days.Here's my advice:1. A good way to get medium-length hair off your neck is with one of those spring clips that look like bear traps. They hold your hair neatly and securely off your face and require little skill. Sometimes it's easier to let the back hang and just pull back the top and sides.2. Don't go crazy with blow dryers and curling irons in an effort to make your hair /do/ something. You'll damage your hair and have to have more trimmed in the long run.3. This is the point where some stylists will want to cut in layers, angles, fringe, etc. to make your hair more "manageable." Resist!! That's more stuff to grow out later.4. Remember that for every couple of inches or so your hair grows, you'll probably have to change your styling technique. This includes the products you use, the way you comb it, and the way you style it as it dries. Every few months, you'll find what you've been doing no longer works for you--and you'll have to start experimenting again.To sum up, you just have to suffer with the "I'm growing it out" look for a while. Remind yourself that it will be worth it.Ally

-------------

Posted By: Dawn
There's only one answer to your question Alice, patience, patience, patience. Did I mention patience? Ally made some great comments. Try everything, don't think about it, just let it grow if long hair is what you want.Good luck! Be patient!Dawn

-------------