Print Page | Close Window

Like a Chat Room??

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Feedback/Suggestions
Forum Description: Let us know what you think of this site.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1355
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 4:57pm

Topic: Like a Chat Room??
Posted By: LiliBeach
Subject: Like a Chat Room??
Date Posted: May 04 2003 at 10:29pm
Hi Karen,

Have you ever thought about a "chat room" on your website?

I would love to come home from work and sit down at the computer and chat with my new friends at hairboutique.com.

Anyone else think this sounds interesting?

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Replies:
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: May 05 2003 at 10:46am
Hi Lili,

Thank you very much for your comments. We actually considered adding a chat in the very early days of HB.com but when we watched other sites that had chats...they always seemed empty. Maybe the key is to have scheduled chats? I am definitely all for adding any features that our visitors might enjoy and benefit from, but I am not sure how popular a chat would be overall.

I would appreciate other comments and suggestions.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: May 05 2003 at 2:04pm
I agree Karen that there is nothing worse than a silent chatroom. If you can find a way to make sure it is busy and chatty then you have a winner.

Maybe an idea is to set up a special Messenger Group for all the HB.com chatters so they can chat all day long if they want. I am so addicted to chat that I have to stay away from it during the day or I would never get my work done.

Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: April 06 2005 at 3:39pm
A chat room doesn't add anything new. The message boards are enough, IMO.

Date Posted: April 07 2005 at 1:20pm

Hi Fatmoogas,

Thank you.  I agree.

Anyone else who love IM...the BMail works really well.  It doesn't have the "chat window" but you get answers back pretty quickly.  I actually prefer BMail to IM because then I don't fill guilty when I log out.  AND I do get addicted so I have to stop or nothing would ever get done here at HairBoutique.com. 

Thanks for all your feedback.  I appreciate it very much.

And fatmoogas...you have to tell me what your moniker means.  It is very intriquing.  :-)

Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: dutchmasterz04
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 2:41pm

Not a seperate chatroom but maybe a chatbox on da page sumwhere. Dats the only reason im on other 360waves is to chat instead of making threads about eveyrthing. You can ask a quick question and get a quick response

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 5:22pm
Hi,

We actually used to have a chatbox or shoutbox and it stayed pretty quiet or then alternatively fighting would break out.  So I am still undecided if we should ever bring that back or not.

Thanks for your suggestions.  They are very much appreciated.

-------------

Posted By: King Cash
Date Posted: April 17 2007 at 6:24pm
i understand that but i think that it would  be a good idea. there are more motivated people on our 360 side so i doubt that it'll be quiet/ dead in there

-------------
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/12/8/f_sigma008m_7947f3e.jpg&srv=img37">
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc

Print Page | Close Window