Print Page | Close Window

braiding books

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13610
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 4:35am

Topic: braiding books
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: braiding books
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:14am
Hi everyone,I'm looking for advice on which braiding books to buy. I'm from Germany, and there aren't ANY books on braiding around here, so I have to order the American books at our bookstore. As I can't order the books and then decide if I like them, I need a bit of information in order to find the right one. So if anyone has or knows the books mentioned below, I'd be so grateful if you could answer my questions...Thomas Hardy: "Great Braids: A new way to exciting hairstyles"...I know I saw a braiding book at a similar price ($ 17,95) at CROWN Books when I was in the US, so now I'm trying to find out if it's the same. Is there a bridal hairstyle in there which is a sort of braided crown incorporating white strips of fabric? If so, it's probably the same book.M.B.Janssen-Fleischman: "Braids: Easy step-by-step hairstyles"...does it contain a lot of the styles already featured in "Twists and Braids made easy" (which I already own)? Or are there a lot of diffent BRAIDS (not twists, they mostly don't work for my fine hair...) in it?If anybody would like to recommend their favourite braiding book to me, you could also email me privately!Thank you all for your trouble!Sincerely,HeikePS KAREN: I hope I'm not insulting you by posting this on the Hair Talk message board! I'm not mad at you because you haven't answered my email, I know you are terribly busy at the moment!!! It's just that I need the info... ;-)

Replies: