Print Page | Close Window

Growing out highlites

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13938
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 1:27pm

Topic: Growing out highlites
Posted By: Sherry
Subject: Growing out highlites
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:39am
Hi Everyone,It's been awhile since I last posted. I was really shocked to see you got a new URL address, can't wait for all the new things. Anyways I had highlites put into my hair in June and they are growing out but I don't want any more dye or chemicals in my hair. How can I grow them out gracefully? I am pretty sure the answer is impossible.Take Care, Sherry:)

Replies:
Posted By: KAREN
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:39am
Hi Sherry,Welcome back to Hair Talk.Guess what...there are several things you can do to help you grow out your highlights. I do it all the time because I try to only have highlights put in 3-4 times a year and the rest of the year they are growing out.Here are some of my secrets:1. Use temporary haircolor that washes out after 6-12 shampoos and allows me to survive the first grow out phase. Since I never get my hair highlighted more than 1-2 shades lighter, I never have totally noticeable growth, but the vegetable dyes that the temporary colors use are gentle for my hair and it does help cover any growth. You can get some temporary haircolors that last as long as 1 month of shampoos.2. I use the Aveda color shampoos which will temporarily offer me a measure of highlights.3. I used a good hair color mascara in a pomade that allows me to do some touchups.4. I wear my hair with different parts that hides the growth parts of my hair.5. I get my bangs layered and wear them fluffy to distract from the root area.Hope those are some good ideas to work with.Glad you came back to see us. We have lots of new things in the works that I think everyone will enjoy.Best wishesKaren> Hi Everyone,> It's been awhile since I last posted. I was really> shocked to see you got a new URL address, can't wait> for all the new things. Anyways I had highlites put> into my hair in June and they are growing out but I> don't want any more dye or chemicals in my hair. How> can I grow them out gracefully? I am pretty sure the> answer is impossible.> Take Care, Sherry:)

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Print Page | Close Window