Print Page | Close Window

one day damage?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14170
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 10:19pm

Topic: one day damage?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: one day damage?
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:58am
I'm going to go get some sexy photos done of me for my boyfriend for Christmas. The look I want would require them to curl, tease, and spray my straight waist length hair pretty severely. I'm wondering how much, if any, damage will result from doing this one time. My hair is in good condition now, and I really want to do this, but I don't want to ruin my hair. Any advice?

Replies:
Posted By: Ally
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:58am
Pam--I'm tempted to say don't worry about it, though when I was in a play a year ago, my hair got noticeably damaged over the course of one week. (Every night they set my hair in hot rollers and sprayed it to death and brushed it out. I was playing Wendy in "Peter Pan.") Of course, my hair wasn't super healthy to begin with.If you do it, I'd suggest...* Using a thermal protectant* Having them use steam curlers as opposed to a curling iron or other heat appliance.* Asking them to be very gentle when they tease your hair.I like to compare beautiful hair to a gleaming sports car. If you leave it in the garage all the time, sure it'll stay perfect with glossy tires and unmarred paint. But what fun is that? You have to take it out at least on the weekends.If you're really nervous, ask them if you can set and style your own hair and let them do your makeup. You don't need huge hair to look sexy. :)Ally

-------------