Print Page | Close Window

John Frieda's Sheer Blonde

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14384
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 10:17pm

Topic: John Frieda's Sheer Blonde
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: John Frieda's Sheer Blonde
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:11am
Has anyone heard of or used John Frieda's Sheer Blonde shampoo and/or conditioner and can tell me a little bit about it. I saw it in a flyer on sale but when I went to the store to take a look at it, they did not have it.What does it do? Does it lighten hair, just bring out highlights or is it a waste of money? I am dying to know. Thanks in advance.Sincerely,ggggg

Replies:
Posted By: Sherry
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:11am
Hi there! Yes, I have not only heard of this new Frieda line, but because I recently had some golden highlights put in my light brown hair, I decided to take a good look at it. First off, let me say that I am a BIG reader of labels and the first thing that I look for is the type of cleansing ingredient is used. The Sheer blonde shampoo uses TEA-lauryl sulfate as its main cleansing ingredient. I can't even believe that Frieda would use such a harsh detergent in a line that is supposedly meant for chemically treated blonde hair. However, even if your is blonde naturally, NOBODY needs such a stripping cleanser. So, I decided not to try the Shampoo or conditioner. I did however buy the Blonde Ambition (violet colored mousse) and the Spun Gold taming balm. The mousse is nice (the scent isn't all that great), and it provides a very light hold... no stiff feeling. The violet coloring is supposed to neutralize any brassiness in blonde hair, however, I haven't noticed any difference. The Spun Gold is my absolute favorite product from all of John Frieda's lines. It gives a bit of a shimmer with the light hold of a taming balm. I use it to define my individual curls. It feels a bit sticky at first, but it doesn't dry that way (as long as you go light). I also bought a little packet of the Golden Opportunity-- which is another violet toned styling aid... because I was not overwhelmed with the results of the mousse, I have not used this product yet. I'm not sure that I would reccomend anything but the Spun Gold. I hope this helps! Good Luck and choose wisely.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window