Print Page | Close Window

correcting hair color

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14595
Printed Date: September 16 2024 at 2:23pm

Topic: correcting hair color
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: correcting hair color
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:25am
My hair is originally medium brown with red highlights. In the last few years though the it has become more red than brown which, while everyone else loves, I hate. I've tried coloring it at home but after a few weeks it looks even more red. Someone told me the more chemicals you put in brown hair the more red it will look. Is that true? Also, every time I put another color on it it looks darker than I want and makes my face look extremely pale. I would love to have light brown hair but can't afford to go to a salon. Is there a cheaper way to try and fix my hair. I'm afraid to try a dark blonde color because that would really make it red. I also don't want to keep coloring my hair because it's become very damaged.

Replies:
Posted By: Paula
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:26am
> Don't use permanent color as it will eventually show more red agian. Try a semi-permanant color in a dark ash blonde. It will only make your hair a little darker than what you see now, and tone the red down a little. Avoid the ends, do them last as they will grab more and be muddy. Using a darker shade in a semi-permanent will end up darker than you want. Some to try: "Avantage" "Natural Instincts" If it does'nt help, find a hairstylist who will guarantee the results and at least you won't end up paying for disaster

-------------

Print Page | Close Window