Print Page | Close Window

Clarifying Shampoo

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14607
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 1:49am

Topic: Clarifying Shampoo
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Clarifying Shampoo
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
Looking for suggestions for a good clarifying shampoo....as well as how often to use one. Use hair products about only once every three days.... Thanks! Jeanie

Replies:
Posted By: Sherry
Hi Jeanie,I have very loose curls and I tend to be heavy handed with the styling aids... I must to keep the frizz down. However, since I use heavier products I must clarify! This is my routine:Monday-Saturday: Wash and Condition with ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner; Apply styling aidsSunday: Wash with ARTec Volume Shampoo and Condition with the Smoothing Conditioner (you could try the Volume Cond. for less buildup)Once a month: a good shampoo with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo. This stuff really gets the grime out, but my hair feels so dry right afterwards, which is why I only use it once a month.Also, even though I like to use lots of styling aids, I really try to keep my use of silicone products down. I do use a VERY small dollop (I must b/c of frizz) but I tend to gravitate more towards aids with moisturizing properties. I like ARTec Texturecreme and Dep Gel with Moisturizers!Sherry :)

-------------

Posted By: Natalie
hi.i like white rain clarifying shampoo. it very effective and 89 cents a bottle. i use a LOT of gel cuz my hair is very short and straight, and sticks out all over the place if i don't. i don't notice too much dryness with it, and i use it about 3 or 4 times a week. if you don't use styling products very often i would try using it once a week.peace.> Looking for suggestions for a good clarifying> shampoo....as well as how often to use one. Use hair> products about only once every three days.... Thanks!> Jeanie

-------------
Natalie