Print Page | Close Window

New Topics On Hair Boutique?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14722
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 10:18pm

Topic: New Topics On Hair Boutique?
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Subject: New Topics On Hair Boutique?
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:35am
Hi,I was wondering if you can all help me with a question that Jeff and I have. We are in the process of moving (the URL will still be the same) and redesigning the Hair Boutique site. The goal of the redesign is to speed up access of the site and to add some new topic areas. We will not be removing any existing topics such as Hair Talk or any of the areas that seem to be visited often.However, we want to give HB a fresh new appeal and so we are experiementing with new topics like aromatherapy and we will just posted an article on gems & crystals. All the topics will relate in some way to hair.Can you tell us if you like the idea of new topics or if you have objections? If you have some topics that you would like to see added, please let us know that too.You can either post your comments so everyone can see what the majority opinion is...or you can email me privately if that is more comfortable for you.Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.Best wishes,Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Replies:
Posted By: Holly
Hi Karen,I don't know if this is considered an old and tired subject, but how about more articles on hair growth and moon phases? I actually had that question posted a few days ago-what I'm interested in is how this got to be an idea-where it came from, I mean? Is there any scientific reason that anybody has ever claimed it had (like how the moon plays a part in the ocean tides)that it would effect the hair. I hope when I posted that question that it didn't sound cynical, I just really want to know how all this came about with the moon and hair growth? I couldn't read all of your article about it-I wasn't able to be online much back then when it was posted. Do any scientists or even dermatologists have any opinions on this?I think it would be an interesting topic. Thanks.Holly

-------------

Posted By: KAREN
Hi Holly,Thanks for the feedback. I actually have a couple of "moon" related hair growth topics in the works. I apologize for not answering your post. I saw it and meant to get to it...well good intentions...Actually, I have a couple of astrology books that give evidence that the moon does have an impact on the hair. I don't know if it can be considered scientific or not but I have reviewed two different books that talk about that and I will try to post them in the next week.I have always personally believed that the Moon did have an impact on my hair, but I know some people don't believe that it does.I have an accupuncturist who is a strong believer in the impact of the moon and some medical astrologers are big believers. Who is correct? Hard to say.Thank you so much for taking the time to give me feedback. I will work on these topics.Best wishes,Karen> Hi Karen,> I don't know if this is considered an old and tired> subject, but how about more articles on hair growth> and moon phases? I actually had that question posted a> few days ago-what I'm interested in is how this got to> be an idea-where it came from, I mean? Is there any> scientific reason that anybody has ever claimed it had> (like how the moon plays a part in the ocean> tides)that it would effect the hair. I hope when I> posted that question that it didn't sound cynical, I> just really want to know how all this came about with> the moon and hair growth? I couldn't read all of your> article about it-I wasn't able to be online much back> then when it was posted. Do any scientists or even> dermatologists have any opinions on this?> I think it would be an interesting topic. Thanks.> Holly

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Posted By: Holly
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Hi once again,I just thought of one more topic: How about more articles on this new Viviscal pill? I'm going to be looking for ithere in France..but I remember you said sometime back thatyou were going to try it and see if it worked or not-then someone else was too, wern't they? Anyhow, this and any other hair growth wonder pills would be interesting, I think! That,s all I can think of for new topics for now, hope this helps.Holly

-------------

Posted By: Regina
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Karen,I think it would be fun to add a "Hair Bloopers" section to the site. People could post funny stories about some hair bloopers they have experienced or even stories that at the time may have been devastating but now are pretty amusing. They have sections in magazines like this that are really popular. Good Luck!Regina

-------------
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo