Print Page | Close Window

Long Hair Question

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14725
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 2:31pm

Topic: Long Hair Question
Posted By: Holly
Subject: Long Hair Question
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
This might end up sounding like the a stupid question, but here it goes: Since we lose up to 100 hairs a day, obviously they get replace with new hair. I'm kind of paranoid right now because I've just had a bad experience with changing a shampoo brand, and there was a little bit of breakage. Anyhow, what I've always noticed since my hair has been long is that there are always little hairsthat seem to be growing in-you can see them in the sunlightkind of sticking up away from the fully grown hair-is this normal? Does everyone else notice this about their hair?My Husband says my hair is full and that this is natural as hair is always replacing itself-I'm sure he's right, but would like to hear from others. Thanks!!

Replies:
Posted By: Sherry
> This might end up sounding like the a stupid question,> but here it goes: Since we lose up to 100 hairs a day,> obviously they get replace with new hair. I'm kind of> paranoid right now because I've just had a bad> experience with changing a shampoo brand, and there> was a little bit of breakage. Anyhow, what I've always> noticed since my hair has been long is that there are> always little hairs> that seem to be growing in-you can see them in the> sunlight> kind of sticking up away from the fully grown hair-is> this normal? Does everyone else notice this about> their hair?> My Husband says my hair is full and that this is> natural as hair is always replacing itself-I'm sure> he's right, but would like to hear from others.> Thanks!!

-------------

Posted By: Sherry
Hi Holly,Your hair is in a continuous growing/shedding cycle all of the time. Naturally, when one hair strand falls out-- another must grow-- and this is what you see when you find those little hairs sticking up. It happens to all of us. I don't think that people with straight hair notice it that much because their hair has a tendency to blend in and lay flat, but take a look at those with curly/wavy hair-- you can always see little fluffy/fuzzy wavy things sticking out-- especially if the hair is pulled back.Talk Soon,Sherry

-------------