Print Page | Close Window

styling aid needed for heat protection

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14735
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 9:44am

Topic: styling aid needed for heat protection
Posted By: Kara
Subject: styling aid needed for heat protection
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
Does anyone know of a good styling aid for protection from heat styling, i.e. blowdryer and curling iron, which I use every day? I currently use Biolage Thermal Active setting spray, but I only use this on dry hair; I've found that it does not work well when used on wet hair. I've also tried Paul Mitchell's the Heat, which I thought was nasty, left a coating on my hair! Also, I don't find that Thermasilk does any good, as I've used the shampoo, conditiner, and mousse. The product I need can be a separate one or one for styling, I'm open to either way.Any suggestions? Thanks!Kara

Replies:
Posted By: Sherry
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
Dear Kara,Hi! I have curly hair that I define with a curling iron and when I get an urge, I also enjoy blowing it out straight. I understand that so much heat styling can really take a toll on your hair. This is what I do:When I want to fully blow out my hair using high heat and a round brush, I actually use a small dollop of my REGULAR conditioner (ARTec Smoothing Cond.) I find that this really does the trick and helps to keep my hair protected against the frying heat. On the days when I just define my curls with the iron, I use ARTec Kiwi Detangler followed by ARTec Texture Creme (the texture Creme is a leave in styler ans moisturizer and I am very fon of it). Also, I think that the reason you may be disliking your current leave ins, may be becuase of the amount f silicone in them. This stuff can really make your hair feel brittle!Hope this helps!SherryKara wrote:> Does anyone know of a good styling aid for protection> from heat styling, i.e. blowdryer and curling iron,> which I use every day? I currently use Biolage Thermal> Active setting spray, but I only use this on dry hair;> I've found that it does not work well when used on wet> hair. I've also tried Paul Mitchell's the Heat, which> I thought was nasty, left a coating on my hair! Also,> I don't find that Thermasilk does any good, as I've> used the shampoo, conditiner, and mousse. The product> I need can be a separate one or one for styling, I'm> open to either way.> Any suggestions? Thanks!> Kara

-------------

Print Page | Close Window