Print Page | Close Window

lemon coloring????

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14751
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 5:49am

Topic: lemon coloring????
Posted By: melissa
Subject: lemon coloring????
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:38am
i read in a magnazine that you could lighten your already blonde hair with lemons . is that true? if so please e mail me back telling me how to do so . thanks alot . pleaseeeeeee write back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!melissa

Replies:
Posted By: KAREN
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:38am
Yes you can do it...sort of. It may only lighten is a little BUT the lemons are acidic and will strip the natural oils from your hair shaft so I don't recommend you try it. I actually did the lemon juice on my hair trick when I was a teenager and I would sit out on the sun to try and get the lemon juice to bake into my hair. It did lighten it a little bit but it made it really really dry and it felt horrible.If you want blonde highlights try one of the color shampoos from ARTec or Aveda or get a gentle vegetable color that will gradually shampoo our OR try one of the hair mascaras.I do not recommend lemons because of the overall effect on the hair cuticle.Best wishes,Karen> i read in a magnazine that you could lighten your> already blonde hair with lemons . is that true? if so> please e mail me back telling me how to do so . thanks> alot . pleaseeeeeee write> back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!> melissa

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Print Page | Close Window