Print Page | Close Window

Chemically straightning hair and growing it out?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15087
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 10:39pm

Topic: Chemically straightning hair and growing it out?
Posted By: Camille
Subject: Chemically straightning hair and growing it out?
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:07am
Hi Hair Talk Discussion Board!How is everyone?.I'm 14 Yrs old and I have a few questions for anyone who can answer them. Well, I'm bi racial(half white and half black) and I have naturally curly thick hair, right? and it is above my shoulders and I dont wear the curl because then it makes it REALLY short. Well I blow dry my hair straight and it works but since I live in rainy Portland,Oregon it starts getting curly when I go to school because of all the rain and humidity. I used all of those straightning balms and none seem to work. OK, what I was wondering is HOW can I get my hair straight to where I can run my fingers threw it without it getting all tangeld up?. Also, is there anyway to make my hair grow out quicker?(I want it past my shoulders) Hope someone can help.... Thank you much!

Replies:
Posted By: Julie
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:07am
> Hi Hair Talk Discussion Board!> How is everyone?.> I'm 14 Yrs old and I have a few questions for anyone> who can answer them. Well, I'm bi racial(half white> and half black) and I have naturally curly thick hair,> right? and it is above my shoulders and I dont wear> the curl because then it makes it REALLY short. Well I> blow dry my hair straight and it works but since I> live in rainy Portland,Oregon it starts getting curly> when I go to school because of all the rain and> humidity. I used all of those straightning balms and> none seem to work. OK, what I was wondering is HOW can> I get my hair straight to where I can run my fingers> threw it without it getting all tangeld up?. Also, is> there anyway to make my hair grow out quicker?(I want> it past my shoulders) Hope someone can help.... Thank> you much!Have you tried KMS Straight Out? Its one of the best products on the market right now.Its much less damaging on the hair but if all else fails you could chemically straighten it. Rusk has a great relaxer out there that wont fry your hair. You will have to have your new growth touched up about every other month. That means committment so be sure this is really what you want to do. Good luck!

-------------