Print Page | Close Window

Loosing my natural/wavy curls??Why?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15105
Printed Date: May 14 2024 at 12:56pm

Topic: Loosing my natural/wavy curls??Why?
Posted By: Angie
Subject: Loosing my natural/wavy curls??Why?
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:09am
I have always had thick hair. But as I age its getting thinner. Also, for years I've worn it natural curly/wavy, but for the last few weeks it is straightening on its own. I don't understand what could cause this??? Age, Hormones, any ideas or has anyone else experienced this?

Replies:
Posted By: Sherry
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:09am
I have read that as you age, your hair texture does change due mainly to hormone fluctuation. I can see this readily in my mother. All her life she has had very thick, course curly hair. Now it is much thinner and has taken on more of a wiry texture at the roots-- She is only 50. Even I, at 22 notice a change in my loose spirals. It was much easier to keep a nice, solid spiral at 16, then it is now. One thing that may help, is for you to try a clarifier. Sometimes, us curlygirls can be a little heavy handed with the styling aids, and we need to really get in there and clean of the build-up. I use a clarifier once a week -Neutrogena makes a good one- and it really helps my curls to spring back to life. On normal days, I wash with ARTec Volume Shampoo and Smoothing Conditioner.Sherry~

-------------