Print Page | Close Window

Boar Brisle Brushes

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15373
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 6:41am

Topic: Boar Brisle Brushes
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Boar Brisle Brushes
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:33am
Hello out there,Ive read lots of great things on this board about Boar Bristal brushes. (Thank you for all the great advice!) My question is I have med. length hair just past my shoulders. And its a little wavy here and there. What is the best way to us this brush? Im finding it gives me alot of static and I have to press quite hard for it to reach my scalp. Would brushing before bed be the way to go for me?( what about when its wet? I thouhgt brushing wet hair was dammaging?) I usualy use a big vent brush and only brush once or twice a day. I realy want the shine that a B.B. Brush has to offer but at the same time I dont want to damage my hair!Any and all ideas I would love to here! Thank you!!Diane K.

Replies:
Posted By: jj
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:33am
hi diane!there is some great information on this site about how to brush your hair without damaging it. be careful when you are trying to work the brush through your hair to reach the scalp. i have been using a boar bristle brush with great results for years and find i usually get a bit of static - some time ago there was a thread about removing static from hair - the only bit i remember was to run a dryer sheet over your hair.as to using the boar bristle brush on wet hair - don't do it. not only will it damage your hair, but it will damage your brush also!!! you should wash your brush with a mild soap or shampoo as needed to remove oil, dust, product residue, etc. after washing, stand it up so that the hole in the base is on the bottom (so water can drip out) and allow it to dry completely. outside of this, it is not a good idea to get your brush wet. constantly getting wet and then drying can crack the rubber base, loosen and even split the bristles - at which point, it can damage your hair.good luckJJ

-------------